Chapter 82

We followed Captain Yamato to the other side, through the forest and came to a big clearing which was clearly a battlefield some time ago. I looked around to realise the grand scale of the battle.

“The earth is still soft,” Naruto observed, before looking around.

“The bridge is busted… and this place is in such an awful state… What the heck… happened?,” Naruto asked.

“Don’t you remember?,” Captain Yamato asked, but Naruto didn’t have a clue.

“Come to think of it… why was I unconscious?,” Naruto asked. Captain Yamato looked at us. Sakura avoided making eye contact with Naruto and I tried to come up with an excuse.

“You were unconscious because you got creamed by Orochimaru,” Sakura answered.

“Are you serious?! Damn!,” Naruto shouted.

Sakura suddenly spotted something and walked over and picked up a book. It was Sai’s picture book and other things were lying around as well.

“Sai’s things are scattered all over the place… But why is this here…?,” Sakura asked to no one in particular, looking down at the book in her hand.

“Sai valued this picture book… But despite that, here it is in a place like this,” Sakura said.

“If he had to leave something so valuable behind, it demonstrates that he was in a tense state in front of Orochimaru,” Captain Yamato stated.

“You seem to know that as if you witnessed it yourself,” Sakura said.

“Oh, yes. You don’t know. Earlier on when the bridge had collapsed Captain Yamato had sent his clone to keep an eye on the situation here,” I replied.

“Yes. I had placed a Wood Clone here and was in communication with it, using the wireless radio implanted here,” Captain Yamato pointed his head with his thumb.

“What happened to Sai?,” Sakura asked.

“After Sai’s… conversation with Orochimaru, he went away with Orochimaru and Kabuto,” Captain Yamato answered.

“What does that mean?!,” Naruto asked.

“What did they talk about?,” Sakura questioned.

“They were talking a distance away… so I couldn’t make out the conversation,” Captain Yamato replied.

“I wonder what they were talking about?,” Naruto mumbled to himself.

“He might have been kidnapped and taken away,” Sakura figured.

“No, it seems that he approached Orochimaru of his own violation… and handed him something. It was just like he was trying to cozy up to Orochimaru…,” Captain Yamato said.

“W-Wait a minute! Even a disgusting guy like him wouldn’t betray us, would he?,” Naruto asked.

“No, there is a possibility…,” Sakura replied.

“Well, I, for one knew something was up with him,” I said.

I looked over at Sakura, “I heard Lady Tsunade told you a little about Danzo when I had met her before coming on the mission.”

Sakura nodded. “He is Sai’s superior. You know, right?,” I asked, receiving another nod.

“Wait! Who is Danzo? What are you talking about?,” Naruto asked.

“How do you know about him?,” Captain Yamato narrowed his eyes at me.

“Nii-san. I know more than Sakura. More than people who aren’t working for him should know,” I looked at Captain Yamato.