Chapter 10

(Naruto episode 6)

~ Flashback ~

We have finished yet another D-ranked mission and were looking at the cat we recused being hugged to death by the woman.

As Hokage sama was giving us another D-ranked mission Naruto-kun started to throw tantrum saying he wanted a more exciting mission. Everyone else on the team seems to agree but we kept our thoughts to ourselves.

After that Iruka-sensei started to argue with Naruto-kun but Kakashi-sensei bonked Naruto on the head and stopped him.

Hokage sama began to explain about missions to Naruto-kun but after sometime Naruto-kun started to talk to us making Hokage sama raise his voice.

Naruto-kun being to justify he wasn’t a brat anymore and was a ninja now. Thus, Hokage sama gave us a C-ranked mission.

Our mission was to escort and protect someone who we later found out was a drunken old man.

The old man asked if the shortest one was really a ninja to which Naruto-kun started laughing.

When we lined up he got angry as he realised the old man was talking about him. Naruto-kun wanted to fight the old man but was held back by Kakashi-sensei.

“I’m Tazuna, veteran bridge builder”, the old man introduced himself. Soon we left to pack our things.

~ End of flashback ~

‘Thank God I had made chakra pills again yesterday. This is going to be a long mission’ I sighed.

We are all currently gathered at the village gates. Ready to leave when I heard Naruto-kun scream.

Apparently, he was excited about going out of the village. Tazuna-san began to argue about Naruto-kun being a ninja once again so I tuned them all out.

‘I really hope this is not how our mission is going to go. Ugh this drunk old man is being annoying. Man dealing with these people right now is becoming exhausting. Can they stop already? Are we going to leave or what?’ I thought.

We walked some distance when I heard Sakura confirming if Tazuna-san was from the Land of Waves.

Then she asked Kakashi-sensei about there being ninjas in their village which he began to explain and later told us about 5 kages.

‘Huh. I didn’t know Hokage sama was that important’ I thought.

We were walking when I heard noise from behind and turned with a kunai in hand only to see chains coming and wrapping themselves around Kakashi-sensei.

As the two unknown ninjas crushed Kakashi-sensei with their chains we all got scared.

‘Calm down y/n! Calm down. Damnit you need to stay calm. Focus! You need to protect them’ I shouted at myself.

I took a few deep breaths and regained my composure, when I say a ninja coming at us. I weaved handsigns as fast as I could.

“Earth Style: Earth Dome Jutsu”, I shouted as I slammed my hands to the ground and a dome came around us protecting Sakura, Sasuke, Mr. Tazuna and myself.

From outside we heard a cry of pain so I undid the dome to find Kakashi-sensei holding both the ninjas at bay.

We were all relieved to find him alright and to know what got caught in the chains was just a substitution.

Kakashi-sensei apologized to Naruto for not helping before and praised Sasuke, Sakura and me.

‘I feel bad for Naruto-kun but… I can’t really say anything to make him feel better…’ I thought sadly.

“Hey. Are you hurt.. scaredy cat?”, Sasuke mocked.

Naruto getting angry shouted, “Sasuke”.

But Kakashi-sensei interrupted him by telling us that there was poison on the claws so not to move too much. Then he addressed Tazuna-san saying they had to talk.

After tying the ninjas Kakashi-sensei said, “Chunin from the Village Hidden in the Mist. These guys are ninjas known for continuing to fight no matter what the sacrifice”.

“How were you able to  detect our movements?”, one ninja asked.

“There probably wouldn’t be a puddles of water on a day like today, when it hasn’t rained in days”, Kakashi-sensei explained.

‘Damn. I need to be more alert. This is getting real’ I thought.

“Knowing this why did you leave it to the kids to fight?”, Tazuna-san asked.

“If I felt like it, I could kill these guys instantly… But… I had to know… who the target of these enemies was…”, Kakashi-sensei said.

“Hmm? What does that mean?”, Tazuna-san questioned.

“In other words, what I had to know if it was you or one of us shinobi… was being targeted. We haven’t heard anything from you being targeted by ninjas. The content of the request was supposed to just be gangs, thieves and the like… This is a mission with a B rank or higher. The request was supposed to be for backup protection until you finish the building your bridge… If our enemies were to be ninjas, this mission would have been estimated without question as an expensive B rank mission. It appears there’s some kind of good reason for this, but being lied to in the request won’t do. This is beyond the scope of our mission”, Kakashi-sensei answered.

“This mission is too soon for us… Let’s give it up. We need an anaesthetic to open Naruto’s wound and get out the poisoned blood… We have to return to the village and take him to a doctor”, Sakura said.

“Since we need to treat Naruto’s wound shall we go back to the village?”, Kakashi-sensei asked.

Suddenly Naruto had stabbed his hand with a kunai shocking us. He made a vow on it to protect the bridge builder.

‘Wow he looks soo cool right now’ I fangirled internally.

“Naruto.. It’s well and good to rid yourself of the poisoned blood, but anymore than that and you’ll bleed to death”, Kakashi-sensei warned.

As Naruto-kun started to panic I chuckled finding his silly antics cute. ‘Naruto-kun sure is one of a kind’ I sighed content.

I saw Kakashi-sensei had a weird look on his face when he was going to wrap Naruto-kun wound which concerned me.

“Um.. Am I okay? You have an awfully serious look on your face”, Naruto asked.

Much to my relief Kakashi-sensei said Naruto-kun would be fine. And just like that we once again started back on our journey

------------------------------

Hey guys. I hope this chapter was okay. Idk why but I feel like I have written this chapter like shit. Ugh it's so annoying. Please tell me know if the chapter was okay. Take care of yourself. Thanks for reading and love you all 😘😘