Chapter 17

(Naruto episode 20)

It was another new day. We had to meet Kakashi-sensei for another few missions. After finishing my morning routine along with meditation, I made my way to our meeting spot.

'I bet Kakashi-sensei will be late again. I'll just send my clone for whatever it is and go to train' I thought.

Making a clone and sending her away. I walked into the forest near our meeting place and started practicing the new jutsu that I learnt the past few days after Zabuza mission.

Earth Style: Headhunter Jutsu. The one which Kakashi-sensei had used on Sasuke during the Bell test, in which only head is above the ground.

Followed by Earth Style: Mud Wall and Taijutsu with chakra. I was practicing throwing shuriken and kunai when I recieved my clone's memories.

I walked up to them and smiled, greeting them, "Hey everyone".

This time they weren't looking for me, just waiting. After that we went to complete our mission.

We did a bunch of missions and Naruto messed up in all of them. After finishing as we were walking, Naruto and Sasuke started arguing again.

Sensei told us he will give mission report so we can leave. Sakura asked Sasuke to "work on their team work together" but Sasuke told her she is like Naruto, maybe even worse than him.

Kakashi-sensei disappeared. I, too turned to leave, wanting to continue with my training. To find someone to help me. But before I could go though, I saw something hilarious.

It seemed someone was pretending to be a rock and following Naruto. After sometime Naruto told whoever it was to come out. That it was a bad disguise and I started laughing.

The cardboard exploded and smoke came out. When the smoke cleared I saw three kids who introduced themselves as Konohamaru, Moegi and Udan.

Sakura walked over to them with a depressed aura and Konohamaru asked if she was his girlfriend. Naruto was blushing and asking how did he know so Sakura punched him.

Konohamaru said something about Sakura which made her angry and hit him. When she was leaving he bad mouthed her, getting angry she turned towards them.

Seeing her angry they started running away with Sakura chasing after them. I tagged along since I didn't want Naruto to get hurt.

As we turned we saw Konohamaru fallen and a girl and guy standing there. I looked at their headbands and saw they were from Sand Village.

The guy was wearing a hoodie with cat ears and purple paint on his face. There was something wrapped in bandages behind his back. The girl had four buns and a big fan behind her.

The cat guy picked Konohamaru up by the collar. I watched their interaction for a while and concluded Konohamaru bumped into the guy and that's why he was making a scene.

I stepped forward, "Release him at once or I'll make sure you regret it".

The guy didn't move. I smiled widely at him, slowly moving forward. Staring at him intensely. I saw his fingers move and I fell down.

"Oh? So you use chakra threads. Hmm... A puppet user. And that's your puppet on your back isn't it?", I smirked.

I saw their eyes widened and smiled happily. 'Bingo. I hit a nail on the head. Good work reading about different things y/n' I praised myself.