Chapter 79

All of us walked towards Tenchi Bridge through the forest and crouched down when we could see it. We were still far away and slowly we began to approach the Tenchi Bridge, to find a safe place from where we can keep a watch on the situation.

We crouched down at a spot where the wind was strong. “That spy jerk... isn’t he here yet?,” Naruto grumbled.

“Is that him?,” Sai asked and we looked towards Sai, before glancing up ahead. Soon enough we saw the spy at the other end of the bridge wearing a hood.

We watched as the spy walked towards the middle of the bridge and stood there. Soon we heard a bell ringing and knew it was Captain Yamato. He approached the spy disguised as Sasori, walking towards the middle of the bridge. I gasped slightly when I saw who the spy is.

“Kabuto,” I whispered.

“Him again..?!,” Naruto said.

“Who would’ve thought... the Akatsuki spy was Kabuto,” Sakura said.

Sasori/ Captain Yamato and Kabuto began to talk. “The sound of the wind is so loud I can’t hear anything,” Naruto whispered.

“You idiot! That’s why we were able to get this close. The wind blows away the noise and smell, so we can sit here unnoticed,” Sakura whispered yelled at him.

“What’s he doing?! He should just grab him!,” Naruto said.

“His opponent is Kabuto. Being overly cautious is just fine. It’s all over if he gets away, right?,” Sakura responded.

“But.. The spy could get suspicious if he’s too cautious... and the timing to capture him will be thrown off,” Sai spoke.

“We’ll... just have to believe in Captain Yamato about that...,” Sakura replied.

“I had heard Kabuto was on par with Kakashi-sensei before Sasuke had left the village. We should be careful,” I voiced.

“Really?,” Naruto asked and I nodded.

As I continued watching the scene, suddenly a figure appeared behind Kabuto. My eyes widened. “Orochimaru,” Naruto said surprised while Sakura gasped.

“What do we do?," Naruto asked.

“We just have to stand by until the Captain gives us instructions,” Sakura answered.

Kabuto suddenly hit Saori’s puppet, breaking it and Captain Yamato jumped out of it to dodge further attack. Orochimaru then attacked him with snakes when he had jumped away but Captain Yamato dodged using substitution jutsu.

Captain Yamato gave us the signal and we leaped out all at once. “You again, huh...?,” Kabuto said, looking at Naruto.

“I’ve seen that face often... And it looks like the Nine-Tails kid’s here, too... Maybe I’ll play with you guys a little,” Orochimaru said. I narrowed my eyes into a glare.

“Let’s see who’s gotten stronger, you... or Sasuke," Orochimaru continued and I glanced at Naruto to gauge his reaction.

(Shippuden episode 40)

I saw Naruto looking agitated. ‘Oh no! This is not good! At this rate Naruto is going to lose control!’ I thought.

“Naruto-kun...,” I called out but didn’t get any response from him.

“Give Sasuke... back...!,” Naruto growled and I saw orange chakra began to cloak around him.

‘That’s... the Nine-Tails cloak...right? Yeah. It has to be’ I stared at him.