safe and sound

Just close your eyes the sun is going down, you and I will be safe and sound. Jin remembers the words of these songs sang by a country singer in their neighborhood. At least his sister was with him then. Just hold to this lullaby jin sang to his sister. At least she was with him back then. He sniffles at her thought. "Jinnie don't leave Jiya alone" he remembers the way she cried. "Am sorry I need to leave you jiya...don't ever forget me sweet pea ok?" He remembers saying to her while kissing the top of her head. "Aniii Don wanna go away wanna stay with jinnie" he remembers the way she cried. "Go away Jiya please for jinnie"  "Ani..." she cried. Jin sighed and picked his 7 year old sister up. Bowed to the man driving the  last cart which which might have took Jiya to her safety.

He walked back to his house hurriedly, aware that there might be stray bullets out there waiting for them, wanting to become their doom. He held his sister close to him almost squishing her in his chest. Was he too selfish to keep his sister with him in such a dangerous place aka a war zone? No. It wasn't that, there was no one of Jiya apart from jin and for Jin there was no one for him apart from her. Then how can he leave her with a bunch of strangers which might sell his sister away once in safety? How can he die alone? If the war wouldn't kill him, the loneliness from his sister departure would definitely will.

He opened the door and closed it with a slam. "They gonna find us?" Jiya asked with the same almond eyes her brother had. "No they won't sweet pea they won't." Jin said kissing his sisters head. "But what if they do?" She asked tears forming in her eyes. "If they do.....I will protect you." He said. "Promise?" Jiya asked. "Promise" Jin said. "But who will protect jinnie if jinnie gonna protect Jiya?" She asked. Jin chuckled, "it's ok.....sweet pea....even if something happens to me, the most important thing for me is your safety." Jin said pulling his sisters chubby cheeks a little. "Am tired jinnie" Jiya said rubbing her eyes. "Lets sleep then" jin said putting down his sister. "Sing to me please." She said yawning (an:- in tiny🥺) Jin smiled and laid down with his sister, supporting his body up with one arm and the other arm patting his little sisters back singing softly the song which his sister loves the most, safe and sound.

He sang the last line humming softly as he heard soft small snores coming from the little bean. Jin smiled and pulled the covers. He never forgets to notice how thin his sister has got. He tries his best to find food for his sister since no one will give him food, because he is labeled out as the traitor ,bullshit. That is what Jin thought. He wasn't the traitor, those men who called themselves as soldiers were. Killing people, raping women and men, terrorizing children's and adults for what money? Is this what they call fighting for your homeland? And they expect the other side to be totally quite. Hence he refused to fight. So did his father and mother. They too were labeled out as traitor, publicly executed, they had always tried to hurt jin and his sister some or the other way. Jin has lost the number of counts he had been attacked by Zane and his men. Zane was their leader, the doer of all wrong. Tried to harm Jin several times. When Zane got to know that it won't faze Jin, he turned to his sister. Because jin loved his sister to death.

Jin had tried his best to avoid them. But things are just worse and worse. Nothing seems right. He is tired too. But he needs to keep going for his sister. Jin sighed still patting his sleeping sisters back. Jin knew Zane doesn't want jin for country. Zane just wants to make Jin his personal slut.  Just then sudden banging of door alerts him, "JIN! YOU ARE IN THERE I KNOW. YOU BETTER GET OUT NOW OR ELSE I HAVE MY WAYS YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT?" it was Zane. Jin's eyes widen. He picks his sister up who wakes up in astonishment. "They...they found us jinnie?" Jiya asked hiccuping. "No no....no sweet pea. Don't cry....I'll get you out. I'll get you out" Jin said frantically looking around. His breaths starts to hitch in panick as he looks everywhere to escape.

"I'LL COUNT TILL 3, YOU COME OUT OR ELSE AM COMING IN BABE"  he heard the man say. Do something Jin....do something....Jin's brain repeated as he kept looking around "1" he heard. S.H.I.T he thought looking around. Where where where? He kept looking, a window? He thought. "2". No if he jumps there are chances his sister can get hurt and they will be caught anyways. "3, you are late am coming" he heard. Too late, better be brave than sorry. He jumped out the window as he heard the front door getting ripped apart.  Surprisingly he didn't got hurt and nor did his sister, he kept running as he heard his men yell, "there they are." He ran in the night. He kept running and running, he left all bad guys behind. "Are we safe now jinnie?" Jiya asked. Jin looked down at his sister. "I thinks soo Jiya..." Jin said running as his breathing got heavier.

They heard a groan from a nearby bush, jin heard, he looked at the bush. He should not risk it. He kept walking faster. "Stop! Jinnie we should go and check. " Jiya said. "It could be the enemies too. Let's not risk it." Jin said as he kept walking. Jiya frowned as she squirmed in his hold and jumped from his arms as she ran towards the bush, "JIYA!" Jin yelled running towards his sister. He reached the bush to see something which he didn't expected to. A man, in his early 20s or something, with a uniform, of the so called enemy land. Sat there as blood ran from behind his back. He was shot. "Jinnie, help him!" Jiya said pulling her brothers hand. Jin kneeled to the ground, reached the man's face and made him look up, his dragon eyes just held pain as jin sensed it. "Listen I will help you. Just be a little quite." Jin said. The man with plead in his eyes nodded.

"I'll take your shirt off ok?" Jin asked, the said man simply nodded. Jin slowly raised the man a bit as a gasp escaped the man's mouth and he slowly removed the shirt off. Commander namjoon. It said, he inspected the wound, blood was fresh and still flowing. The bullet was visible, thankfully it didn't entered deep inside. "I will pull it out ok?" Jin said. The man nodded. Jin slowly held the end of the bullet and pulled it. Earning a loud moan from the man. "Shh its ok you got it." Jin said as he tore off a piece of his shirt to stop the bleeding. "I think I see them" he heard the familiar voice of Zane and his men. He will get caught, his sister will be harmed.....unless. Namjoon (the man)was not dying...Jin was sure.

"Will you do me a favor?" Jin asked looking at the man. The man just looked at him. "Please take care of my sister.....take her with you....please please I need to go" Jin said frantically. "Jinnie dont leave me." Jiya pleaded. Jin turned looked at his sister kneeled and kissed the top of her head and said, "don't worry....he'll protect you......I love you sweet pea ok?" He said as he ran away. "I love you too jinnie" she said with tears in her eyes.

Jin ran as he heard the footsteps there was really no where to go....really. Jin ran and ran but he knew they were closing the distance. "Ahh." Jin yelped as he slipped on a stone. "So you finally are mine babe" he heard the man Zane say. Jin looked up. It's the end. Jin thought.