Chapter 78

"Speak." Qin Luan raised his chin slightly, looked down at Bachelor Helian who was kneeling in front of him, and said with cold eyes.

Academician Helian knelt on the ground, trembling and speechless. After a while, he only said a few words, "I, I understand my guilt."

Bachelor Helian never thought that Qin Luan would suddenly appear here, and he happened to hear what he just said!

My life is at an end!

These were the only words that came to mind.

"Knowing the crime, what crime?" Qin Luan raised his eyebrows.

"You haven't said anything yet. What does the person you just mentioned mean?"

"Why is it that Shen Xiuzhuan is there and will soon be the chief of the Hanlin Academy? How come he became the number one scholar just because of that person?"

"Is it possible that you think there is something wrong with the imperial examination, and someone is leaking the questions for personal gain?" Qin Luan then asked him, "Since you have this suspicion, do you have any evidence? Why don't you report this matter to the Supervision Department?"

"I remember that I made a decree before to encourage reporting. As long as it is verified to be true, the whistleblower will be rewarded according to the extent of the case."

"Therefore, there are not many people who have been promoted and made a fortune. Why didn't you report this matter?"

Qin Luan stared at Bachelor Helian, but within a few breaths, cold sweat fell from his forehead.

He opened his mouth, kowtowed his head lower, and said after a while, "Your Majesty, please forgive me. I, I have never suspected that there was any fraud in the imperial examination."

"Oh?" Qin Luan raised his eyebrows, "This seems to be different from what you just said. Or are you afraid of that person who practices favoritism?"

Bachelor Helian stopped talking.

Qin Luan thought for a while, "The organizer and person in charge of the last imperial examination seemed to be Wu Shangshu of the Ministry of Rites, right?"

"Well, it's Wu Shangshu." Li Fugui replied.

"Then go call him over and let him confront this guy to see if he cheated."

Before Li Fugui answered, Bachelor Helian quickly said, "No, Your Majesty has misunderstood. I do not suspect Wu Shangshu of cheating! I definitely did not mean this!"

If Wu Shangshu is called over in this situation, he will die sooner or later.

"It's not Wu Shangshu." Qin Luan looked at him and his tone became colder, "But if it wasn't Wu Shangshu, I would be the only one above him."

"You mean... I am the one who practices favoritism and malpractice?" After saying this, Qin Luan's voice was cold to the bone.

Bachelor Helian's head was pressed tightly against the ground, the sweat on his forehead kept dripping on the floor, and he was shaking slightly nervously.

Although this was his true thought, even if he admitted that he suspected Wu Shangshu, he could not admit that he suspected Shen Ling was having an affair with His Majesty!

After all, he admitted to doubting Wu Shangshu, and at most he offended him. In the future, he would be embarrassed in the officialdom and would have no future. He might even be tricked by someone suddenly and live out his life in a poor place in a remote area, but he would probably still be able to living.