Depths of Despair

It happened so quickly, the hand of god closed into a fist on Penelope and all of the apostles cheered. The brain entity raises his hands and a bright symbol shines burns between his hands. "The threads bundled by the laws of causality have now been bound", the Entity spoke. "The promised time has come". Suddenly the symbol rains down into the crowd below, branding everyone but Charlotte with the symbol as they all scramble and panic.

The apostles charged in and began devouring everyone who got branded. They grabbed whoever was closest and began ripping them apart, tearing them limb from limb and devouring them. Screams echoed around the area and blood splattered around. Charlotte watches on with terror as the defenceless group of scientists get slaughtered by the monsters that devour them.

Charlotte couldn't even move a muscle, her mind was racing, and her breathing was uneven. 'What is this? Why is this happening?' She shutters to herself. "You have been branded by the brand of sacrifice" the Brain entity explains. "You now belong to us as food for the unborn child of darkness, from the last drop of blood to the moment of your agonizing death". Charlotte's thoughts are interrupted when her senses go off and she finds herself surrounded by apostles.

"Sacrifice, sacrifice,"

"It's a woman"

"A woman"

"She isn't branded"

"Should we eat her?"

"Eat her?"

"No, we must"

"She's a witness"

Charlotte felt her survival instincts take over. She pulls out her sword and charges into battle while roaring her most ferocious battle cry she has ever made.
_______________________

Hunter and James race through the streets of Sydney. They ran past Saint Mary's church (which is still going through repairs) and up to the Botanic Gardens where they got word of an event happening there. When they got there, they were met with a giant tornado in the middle of the park. "Woah! A tornado!" Hunter cries out. "Where's Charlotte?!". "She's gotta be in there!" James replies. "When it comes to weird stuff like this you know she's around here somewhere, just where".

Hunter spots something inside the vortex. It seems to be a giant bear-like beast clashing with a skull knight on a horse. Hunter and James hid behind a tree and watched the battle from afar.
_______________________

Charlotte swings her sword around as she fights tooth and nail against the beast that attacks. Who knows know long she's been at it, swinging her sword and cutting down the beast. The beast had managed to land some good hits on her but she still kept on going. At some point, one apostle manages to swipe off her mask with its claws, revealing her face, long brunette hair and hazel eyes.

The more Charlotte continued to fight back, the more exhausted she became. It didn't take long for her body to grow heavy and her attacks became sloppy. The apostles began leaving wounds on her body and ripping at her suit, blood oozing and staining her body and suit. At some point some monster stank its teeth in her leg, making her scream out in pain. Her screams were cut short when her other leg was caught by another and she was thrown across the plains like a rag doll.

Charlotte landed badly somewhere, groaning and whining from the pain. Charlotte brought a hand up to her forehead and found a gash on her forehead that was oozing blood very badly. Charlotte also has claw wounds on her left cheek and her nose and mouth are leaking blood. Charlotte examined her leg and saw that her leg had a huge bite wound on it that was bleeding very badly. She tried to stand up but her leg felt weak from her wound. In the end, she started crawling. Charlotte had lost her sword from when she was thrown.