52: Found Him

JOSH POV.

Will and I were a mess. Storming the house looking around, the last I had his scent was around the kitchen, after that it completely disappeared. We've been begging to check the basement however Will's mother hasn't been letting us. She's gone down there three times since he's disappeared, I'm guessing she hasn't seen anything but my curiosity has been growing since she is so adamant in us not going down, what is down there?

"What if he's dead Josh?" Will asked tears starting up again. I've been trying to stay as calm and strong for him, it was difficult at times. I held Will in my arms fighting back my own tears and negative thoughts.

"He's gonna be okay. He's tough. And we will find him." I try hard to not express the pain and agony I was in. I missed George. I really did. It's been 5 days. 5 days too long. "Thats it. I'm checking the basement." The pain was still there but turned from sorrow to anger in the blink of an eye. "Weather He's down there or not she is hiding something. And I need to know." I nudged Will getting him to move so I could get up. His mother was currently outside ordering people around so her garden was perfect. Will got up without a sound and followed. The bags under his eyes were more prominent than they were before. It was sad seeing him like this, his movements were sluggish for him. To a human he'd look normal, however for a vampire, a soon to be coven leader it was bad.

"My mum will kill us if she finds out we went down here." He mentions as we opened the door. Surprisingly it was unlocked and easy to open which is a red flag in the first place. If you really don't want to have people go down then you need to lock the door. Especially if a little is around.

We walk down. Slower and slower as it got creepier. When we got all the way down I was shocked to see prison cells. It was quiet and still as we got closer to the doors we noticed there were little plaques with a little information. Creature names and information about them. We look at the one right at the end. Something pulled me towards it. I made my way down there Will stayed close by.

The door was different then the others. It didn't seem to have many gaps, it seemed much more reinforced and specially built. As we got to it we read the plaque.

Mist
Origin: unknown
Info: - doesn't have a gender.
- isn't friendly
- sees into past

The plaque had less then the others. Look at the chains and brake them. Will holds onto my arm.

"It says it isn't friendly." He mentions. I ignore him. I was going to see what this thing was. I break the locks and open the door with much strain. As the door opened and light streamed into the room we see a dark figure crawl into the corner in the most horrific sight I had seen. Will gasped in full shock and horror tears streaming down his eyes once again. He runs up to the naked limp curled up body on the ground. I was frozen in shock. Will picks up our little boy. He was malnourished and dehydrated. How is he even alive? His eyes were shut tightly not adjusting to the light any time soon. I look over at the future which was now a black cloud, wafting in one place. The room was baran and Geirges clothes were ripped off and thrown to the side.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I walked up to it knowing I couldn't fight it if I wanted. Will and George flinched at the sudden noise. Will looked over to what happened.

"He's gonna die if he stays." The mist said deflecting the question.

"That wasn't my question." I grit my teeth and clench my fist.

"I thought it made him happy. He was damaged." The mist said. "You can't hurt me." Its voice a distorted mess.

"How did he survive? The body can't go 3 days without water. He was down here for five." The mist moves its self to the toilet and moved the top part where the buttons were.

"This is clean." It moved back.

"He's sick, he needs a doctor." Will states after he wrapped his jumper around the small boy. He looked like he had lost quite a bit of weight. Not enough to kill him but a very noticeable amount. He picked the poor boy up and George whined and tucked his face into Wills neck covering his face from the light. His skin was a little more pale than it was before which was difficult for him but he did. Will took him out and down the halls.

"You hurt him." I state just staring at the creature. It had no movement nor could it express any expression.

"I didn't mean to. I didn't know." It wailed it could express emotion just fine.

"What are you doing down here?" I turn around at the sudden female voice. It was Will's mother standing right behind me.

"You didn't check good enough. We found George in this room with this creature. What is with this basement anyway?" I ask crossing my arms, the mist seemed scared and backed it's self in the corner away from Will's mum.

"I collect monsters what about it? I do research on them. Get to know them. It's as simple as that." She explained. "Now I need you to leave right now as I deal with the mist." I looked back at the creature that was backing it's self more into the corner. And I leave. No second thoughts. He deserved whatever was coming to him. He hurt our baby boy and brought him down here for him to starve and dehydrate I leave the hall and leave the basement never looking down. As I get up Will is on the phone. Presumably with a doctor.

"Dad we need to go home." He states. "I called the doctor and we will be back very soon. George is hurt." I nod and motion to him that I was going to pack our things and leave him down there holding onto George as if he had the ability to move in the first place. Will was keeping him warm. Attempting too anyway. While vampires do have warmth they don't have much. I'll have to take him later to actually get his warmth up. As I finish and bring all our bags down I see will crying into George's shoulder.

"Its all my fault." Will sobs his voice breaking. "We should have never come here. We should have never played hide and seek. We shouldn't have done any of it. If we didn't it wouldn't be like that." He's rocking George back and forth, more tosooth himself than George.

"Its not Will." I place my hand on his shoulder. "You didn't know what was going to happen. You needed to get away from your father and you didn't know what a small game of hide and seek would do." I hug him from behind, wrapping my arms around his neck, giving him kisses to his head. "Dont be too hard on yourself. We just have to start from scratch." It was quiet for a little as Will agrees. "We need to get him into therapy. We have to convince him. He's gone through too much to not be in therapy. He should have been in therapy from day dot."

"He hates therapy." Will sadly states. "It'll be more difficult to get him to leave us for that."

"Who said we have to leave. You can book sessions where we can sit in with him. But he needs it. This apon everything else he has gone through. I dought he'll be out of his little space in the next few days. He's traumatised and he needs help. We need to give him help. "

"You're right. But we'll talk about it when he wakes up. Untill then let's go. My mother doesn't need to know, she'll understand." We get up and move to the door opening it to see a car already waiting for us.