20: sage pt1

I turn around seeing the hungry vampire, sage, from before. He didn't look as hungry anymore.

"I've gotten used to your smell now, there is no need to be afraid." He mentioned noticing the obvious fear on my face. It didn't make me relax. Being so scared just yanked me out of my headspace.

"What are you doing here?" I asked straightening upthe door was open and I was in the middle of the room a longer distance from Sage, which made me feel a little safer, even though at any second he could zoom up to me in less than half a second I just felt more confident like this.

"Just looking around, saw an open door looked in saw you, why don't you give me a tour?" He asked smirking which made me ten times more uncomfortable.

"I don't think I will, you had a tour on your first day. And a long enough time to get familiar with the area." I could see his expression drop into unreadable. I couldn't tell if he was pissed or sad.

"A little boy shouldn't talk with such attitude." I crossed my arms who does he think he is.

"Piss off! You're not my daddy you can't say anything. I suggest you leave before I scream and Will comes back." I threaten out of no where there was a grip around my throat stopping me from making any sound, the hunger in his eyes was back, the fear I felt surged to the surface expresent on my face.

"Let me tell you little boy." Sage says through gritted teeth. "I may not be your daddy but I am way stronger than you ever will be, I can snap your neck faster than your daddy could even think. He's not here right now so you might want to not threaten me like that again. A pathetic guy like you can't even deal with your own monsters." I was confused what monsters? Was he referring to himself? "You daddy won't always be there to save you keep that in mind. And don't even think of telling him what I just did." He released my throat and I was too busy coughing unable to breath. "Or you won't have a daddy at all." It was a stupid threat, I knew deep down that Will would have beaten him in a fight any day of the week however the small thought in the back of my mind whispering a what if he can't slips into my decision and I decide not to scream. If he does it again I will scream. Louder than I ever have.

Sage left the room with no other words exchanged and I looked at my neck in the mirror it was turning purple. How was I gonna hide that? Or should I tell Will. But what if he dies? I go to the closet and rummage through the clothes. Finding a turtle neck that I have never seen will in. I decide to wear that along side an oversized white jumper that also belonged to Will I took in the scent holding the clothing in my hands.

"Hey baby?" I heard Will calling me from outside the closet, I hurridly pulled on the peices of fabric before walking out.

"Hey Will, where were you?" I asked he opened his mouth to say something but he stopped himself seeing what I was wearing before a smile presented itself on his face. His smile was so pretty to me. It reminded me of the smile patric Verona has on 10 things I hate about you, one of my favorite movies of all time. His smile makes everyone else smile, even though he doesn't do it often. Has to be "professional" and all.

Will walked over to me sliding his arms around my waist keeping his upper body distenced to take in the view, his lower half connected to mine. He was saying us side to side with a small chuckle leaving his lips.

"Did you miss me darling? Thought you had to wear my clothes." I return his smile with a grin, for some reason I felt guilty though. My smile dropped slightly remembering why I was really wearing it. "What is it? What's wrong?" He asked his smile dropping too. I should tell him. He deserves to know. But what if Sage kills him? What if he kills me?

"Nothing, just thoughts, silly ones. Where were you? You weren't in your office like usual?"

"Oh dad called me to have a chat about the new vampires, speaking of, how was Jules?" He asked guiding us to the lounge in his room where we would occasionally just sit and talk... or do other things.

"Oh it was great we mostly played with babies and stuff, something about requelle and cheating and love. I don't know it was all over the place. Then we just sat and talked." I shrugged my shoulders. Even though it was a few hours jt really wasn't anything.

"Oh yeah? What did you talk about?" He asked my mond went back to the convocation I had with Jules and the now many questions I had.

"About life as a human and a vampire... and marking." I mentioned hoping to get a real convocation about it.

"Oh? Yeah what did she tell you about that?" He asked I bit at my lip trying to get the words to leave my mouth.

"Um. Is the real reason you don't want to mark me because you're afraid I'll be like a mindless zombie?" I asked getting real nervose that his answer was going to be a no.

"Partly." He answers blandly.

"Well what else could be the reason?" I asked the anxiety bubbling up inside me was getting overwhelming to keep inside.

"Well. Apart from you just losing your personality and your will and choice, I don't want you to go through that pain. And there is no way to subsidise the large amount of pain a human feels after being marked. A mark is for life. I don't want you to go through that." He explained easing my nerves he had his hand on my thigh rubbing his thumb back and forth.

"What if I want to. What if I was okay with that." I blush looking up at him. He had a very stern face on he hated this subject, I could tell that if I was a vampire he would have marked me already.

"Listen. On our 1 year anniversary we will discuss taking that risk bur we are only one month into being together, I don't want to rush too far into things, and if you were marked you would live forever just like the rest of us untill something kills you or I. You do understand that." I nod my head I realised that. I was willing to take that chance.

"Okay 11 months left." I smile one thing still dawning on my mind. Sage. He's now engraved his actions on me. How was I going to hid the bruise after dinner? We've gotten into a routine of bathing together after dinner before he either reads me a bedtime story or sings me to sleep.

"Something else on your mind love?" He asked caressing my face. I sigh moving my body so I was sitting on his lap straddling.

"Up or down." He would be the decider of if I told him or not. Up meaning I tell him what sage did and down meaning I keep it to myself, at least for now.

"What for baby?" He was confused hands going to my hips instinctively.

"Up or down. Just choose."