14: questions

I felt a bit strange after knowing how everything was now. Like these people drink the life essence that is in side of me pumping through my body.

"So can you like smell my blood or something like that?" I asked I had so many questions based on movies I grew up watching.

"A little but not really you, smell sweet but when humans bleed the most delicious aroma fills the room." He explained. "Its all just about self control, but the thing is when vampires are young the self control is much lower than the older ones." I not my head, we were nearly at the dining room, I could already hear Delilah demanding cookies for breakfast. "You can be little for now." He starts noticing my slight excitement to see Delilah. "But I'm going to need you to be big before I let you go for a play date okay darling?" He informed me i nod my head and ran off to see Delilah.

"Georgie!" She screamed dropping her demands for the cookies.

"Delilah!" I yell back throwing my arms around her shoulders and fall into a hug.

"I heard uncle Will told you about us." She mentioned after we got up off the floor. I nod my head enthusiastically.

"Yeah he did! I was scareded but I is okay now. Not scary." I give her a gummy smile. She screamed a loud yay and we sat down waiting for breakfast she got her drink, which I suppose it's blood.

"Does blood taste the same when its from the cup?" I look at daddy but waiting for anyone to answer.

"No, it's tastes similar enough but it's cold and is more bitter than sweet as it has now been exposed to alot of oxygen." Daddy answered, I nod my head kicking my legs under the table. Tina showed up out of nowhere like she usually does to teast and fight with daddy.

"Did dad scream at you?" Tina asked looking over at me and ruffling up my hair with a small smile placed on her lips. "I see he decided to stay." She looked back at Will.

"Yeah scream that's an understatement. If we didn't need a good chat would would have beaten the shit out of me." Rolled his eyes at Tina they both seemed happier with each other now.

"Daddy said a bad word." I called out. Listening in to their conversation.

"Sorry baby, don't repeat what daddy said okay." My heart flutter when he referred to himself as daddy, like he was confirming I wad right.

"Did you just say daddy? To Willy?" Delilahs eyes were wider than a full sized balloon she giggled and kicked her feet. "Thats 20 cookies daddy!" She called out doing a small happy dance sitting down. Charlie sighed.

"Just one day, a single day and I would have won." He gets up and walks off to the kitchen, presumably for cookies.

"What did you bet on?" I asked, Daddy still talking with Tina.

"I saided that yous would be daddy and little within the month daddy said it would take more than a month. Daddy lost." She let off an evil grin watching as her daddy came back in the room with some cookies.

"You can't eat them all at once though, yiu can have two after breakfast and we'll se throughout the day." Charlie explains putting two cookies on the table and the rest were in a plastic tub that he was holding onto.

"Does human food taste as good as blood?" I asked taking a bite of my cereal.

"It tastes the same as you taste it blood is just... I guess better?" It sounded more like a question and he looked up at Charlie for help.

"Look at it this way, what's something that has the best, most delicious smell to you?" Charlie asked I had to think for a second.

"Ummmm, pancakes?" I look at him.

"Okay now times that smell by 100 or even more. That's what blood tastes like with health benefits of course." He adds on, I slowly nod my head understanding a bit more.

"What kind of health benefits?" I ask finishing up my cereal really invested in what it was like to be a vampire.

"Well." Will started. "We're really cold and when you're cold you get sick, so drinking blood warms us up so we don't get sick, as well as other things like functionality of limbs and everything. We don't need it often just enough to be okay." He explained ruffling my hair. I nod with much more certainty. I had a couple of questions that I was going to ask will when we're alone, I don't want to be made fun of.

"D'you wanna play with me today?" Delilah asks finishing her food. I look up at daddy and he gives a small smile.

"We just have to have a conversation first then he can come and play with you okay Delilah?" Delilah seemed very happy with that answer then ate her cookies getting up off the table.

"Let's go daddy, we must go and play dress up" She said demanding in an adventurous manner. I look up at daddy waiting for him to move before I move following close hehind him. Daddy reached his hand out for me to hold. I sped up and walk beside him and hold his hand as he led us to his office.

"Well let's get started."