19: jules play date

Jules and her caregiver Rye stopped by the office during the middle of the day. They had been here for quite some times now getting used to the land and the coven. Delilah and I were so excited to have yet another little in the house. However we both decided to let her have her time to get used to the place and wait for her to come to us.

During meal times she would sit with Rye close by getting used to our overwhelming presence, were both quite loud especially in little space yelling about stories that don't make sense. A new world of dragons, which I had recently found out used to be alive but went extinct yonks and yonks ago to humans and other humanoid creatures that didn't like all those things it was quite a shock when Delilah told the stories to me and Will backed it up. It turns out Delilah is really really old. Thousands of years old. She told me a lot about her life not too much but enough about her time as a well known wild vampire and a couple of her scars meanings. She's been big alot and so her story telling skills are amazing. Jules would usually just sit there in aw occasionally giving a comment or two before cowering behind Rye. She was getting more and more comfortable by the day.

"Yes?" Daddy asked giving them recognition. I was on daddy's lap once again as he was doing work Delilah was at an appointment today and I didn't want to scare Jules off so I went to daddy and sat with him as he went through a few documents.

"Jules was wondering if she could play with George?  She's been wanting to for a while but just didn't want to ask. I look over at Jules with a massive smile on my face. Her's was as red as her hair she held on tight to Ryes arm nurvose for the answer. I slid out of daddy's hold and ran towards her.

"Perfect timing. I could sense he was getting bored, Delilah and Charlie are at an appointment today so he hasn't had anyone to play with and has been complaining." Daddy let's out a light chuckle, Rye responds with the same.

"Yeah Jules has also been bored, I've been responding to letters sent by the other parts of the coven and reporting to the rest everything that's happening over there. Jules has just wanted to play all day." Rye explained. I noticed Jules got shocked by my excitement ment so I stood there untill she was okay again. I could tell today was going to be a long day of getting her used to me.

"Understandably. Those wolves are ruthless, how is your area?" Daddy asked. Jules started to come out of hiding.

"It won't be repaired for a long time and those wolves aren't leaving any time soon. However no casualties have been reported since the original attack." She responds like a general, she sounded so professional.

"I see, I hope everything goes well I apologise for everything that has happened to you."

"Daddy are all werewolves bad?" I asked curious, I've read a bit about werewolves from the library here and it paints them all to be savage beasts but I suppose from an outside perspective wolves probably have books just the same but about vampires.

"It isn't known why vampires and wolves are at war but they are deadly to vampires so we choose to stay as far away from them as possible." I nod my head that didn't answer my question but continued on.

"Hi Jules wanna go play in the playroom?" I asked holding my hand out for her, she shyly placed her hand in my. So soft, like a cloud in a physical form. I slightly dragged her to the new communal little space play room. Delilah moved all her toys in here by order of Charlie, he was sick of her room being so messy she couldn't sleep in it. Delilah loved to sleep in her own room and would always complain about it being too messy to sleep in and Charlie would inevitably have to clean it for her. So now moat of her stuff is in here.

"We have heaps of stuff here so we can play whatever you want." I smiles she gave a smile back. Looking around.

"I've never seen so many toys." She comments looking at the shelves and shelves of toys and the two toy boxes on the floor a fort in the corner that Delilah demanded we do. And my cubbyhouse in the other corner. The bathroom and walk in wardrobe got knocked down and it made the place 10 times bigger all the more space to play with.

"Yeah." I giggle. "Its mostly delilahs stuff but Daddy recently added a BUNCH of toys as well as a couple donations from others in the coven who would find things and just give it to us to add to the piles of things." I explain. The coven was happy with the little life that was growing alot of them have been looking for littles themselves and would occasionally look after us when Daddy and Charlie would have to go out for meetings with other covens or whatever they do.

Jules was looking around and stopped at a barbie house it was massive and we would always add extensions onto it using other barbie houses.

"Can we play with this?" She asks excitement in her eyes. Her voice was angelic and sweet. I smile jogging over to her and grabbing the box of barbiedolls from behind it down and showed her the large collection they had. "Wooow this is so many dolls!" She exclaimed.

"Ueah Delilah always wants these for her prize rewards, and Charlie will always get it for her. So it's been growing." She giggles and we sat down infront of the doll house making up a very dramatic soap opera-Esk story where one of the characters gets kidnapped and everything it was very entertaining.

We played that for a long long time not able to stop due to the story being so intriguing. Ken and barbie were soulmates never to be taken away when requelle stole Ken away from barbie because she was jealous of him we painted it like she stole Ken at first because she wanted him but it ended up that she was jealous of him because she liked barbie and in the end barbie had to make a choice between the two. And we didn't end up finishing it because we were bored and wanted to just talk a little to get to know each other since we didn't really know each other.

Jules has definitely warmed up to me and I was very happy about it.

"So you're a human aren't you?" She asked. We were sat in the fort because it was much more comfortable than my cubby house. The cubbyhouse was mostly used for a pretend game of house or supermarkets.

"Yeah I am!"

"So what's it like being human? Yous don't live that long." She questioned. I gave a small smile.

"Yeah we do. I thoughts it was normal because everyday life you know. Humans have no idea about this world and I think they would flip if they found out about it. I hope they don't. I wish I was a vampire." I state hugging my knees. "Yous are so much nicer than other humans. And stronger."

"Yeah it's pretty cool I suppose. This is the only coven I know that has any contact with humans. We usually stay as far away from them as possible to avoid exposure." I nod.

"Whats a mark? The guy before was talking about it and daddy won't answer me when I ask about it." Letting my legs go crossing them beneath me, Jules does the same moving her hair from her neck.

"Its a forever mark, it means you belong to them and no other vampire can go near you." She explained I saw two dot scars up on her neck. "Its used as like a. Um what do yous call it... a marriage in a way. Back in the day vampires also used it on humans to make them their own personal blood bank, but that's changed, it would make humans live for as long as their vampire counter part and everything like that. My dad used to tell me about his marked human before they died from some vampire hunters." She explained.

"Daddy hasn't marked me. I dont know if he will." I pout looking down some of my big thoughts leaking into my little space.

"Well there might be a reason." Jules looks on the bright side giving me a smile.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like um. When humans get marked they sometimes get compelled to follow what the vampire says and can never disobey, there have been reports of some becoming mindless, not thinking for themselves, maybe he's worried you will become like a zombie." She explains  it makes me feel better, it's a good enough explanation for me. I'll have to talk to him about it later.

Rye came in soon after that convocation and Jules had to leave for something that was hush hush, something about their old coven or something. I walked myself to daddy's office and he wasn't there, that was weird he should be there. He's never not in his office. I walked towards our room searching for him there, but he wasn't there either.

"What are you doing little boy." An oddly familiar voice calls from behind me.