Chapter 84

Few days later:

Manik woke up feeling better the very next day and was eager to resume work, despite the others advising against it. He tried to convince everyone, but Nandini blackmailed him, threatening not to talk to him if he went to work. Reluctantly, Manik stayed at home for the next two days, resting and spending time with Nandini.

Currently, Manik was getting ready for work, while Nandini sat on the bed, her arms folded around her chest, giving him angry glares.

Manik: (sighs) Baby...

Nandini: (angrily) Don't "baby" me.

Manik: Nandini, what can I do if I had an emergency meeting all of a sudden?

Nandini: But you promised me that today, it would be just the two of us, going out.

Manik: Baby, I promise we'll go out tomorrow.

Nandini: (giving a tight-lipped smile) No need. Take your office with you when you leave.

Saying this, she walked out of the room.

Manik: Nan- (to himself) Oh God, now I'll have to work hard to earn her forgiveness.

He got ready and made his way downstairs to the dining room. He felt a glimmer of hope when he saw that Nandini was sitting beside him, but his face fell when he noticed she was having breakfast by herself. Normally, it was him who fed her.

Manik: Baby, come on. Let me feed you.

Nandini: YouHe let out a sigh of frustration and ran his palm across his face. His gaze turned towards Cabir, who gestured to him that he would handle her.

Mukti: Baby, what's wrong?

Nandini: Nothing.

Alia: You don't want to share it with us, baby?

Nandini: (pouting) We had planned a day out, just the two of us. But then he had a meeting and had to cancel our plans.

Navya: Baby, he didn't do it on purpose, you know that, right?

Mukti: Yes, baby, sometimes these things happen.

Nandini: (teary-eyed) You all always support Dadda and ask me to understand him. You're all mean. You don't know how excited I was for today.

Her tears began to flow. Without hesitation, Manik embraced her, but she pushed him away, shattering his heart. Cabir approached her and enveloped her in his arms.

Cabir: (patting her back) Shh, baby, why are you crying so much?

Nandini: (crying) I hate everyone.

Cabir: Baby, you shouldn't say things like that. It can hurt others when you say such words. (she continues crying) Okay, I have a plan. Since Manik can't come with you, how about you and I go out and have a fun brother-sister day?

She peeked out from his embrace, and Cabir gently wiped away her tears with his thumb.

Cabir: Will you go out with your big brother? (she nods) That's a good girl. Hurry up and get ready.

She jumped down from the chair and raced upstairs.

Cabir: (shouting) No running on the stairs!

Upon hearing his warning, she slows down. Cabir notices that Manik is sitting quietly.

Cabir: (patting his shoulder) It's okay, she's just angry, so she's ignoring you. Don't take her words and actions to heart.

Manik: (with a sad smile) I'm fine. (looking towards the stairs) Take care of her, and if anything happens, call me immediately.