Chapter 65

Right now everyone was in the corridor waiting for one of them to wake up.

Cabir: When are they going to wake up?

Abhi: Well Manik should be up any moment and about Nandini I can't say that yet. It might take few hours.

Navya: (worried) Abhi you're sure that Nandini is fine right?

Abhi: As per my observation there's nothing to worry but the actual situation will be known only after she wakes up.

While they were talking a nurse came out of Manik's room.

Nurse: Sir patient is now awake.

Without wasting time everyone rushed inside.

Abhi: (checking him) Are you ok? Do you feel any pain?

Manik: (in a low voice) I am fine just these cuts hurts a bit.

Abhi: It will take some time for them to recover. Till that time you have to give your body proper rest.

Manik: Nandini? Where is she?

Mukti: Nandini is still unconscious.

Manik: (worried) Is she ok? Why is she not awake yet?

Abhi: She is fine Manik you don't worry. She will be up in sometime.

Manik: I want to see her.

Abhi: Manik I told you that you need rest.

Manik: Abhi I can't rest unless and until Nandini is beside me. Please let me see her.

Knowing that he will not listen to anyone he allowed him to meet her.

In Nandini's room:

Right now everyone is in Nandini's room waiting for to wake up. Manik is sitting on the chair right beside her bed holding her hand tightly. He has not moved even a bit from the moment they have entered in the room. Cabir was sitting on the other side of bed while others had settled on the sofa.

It's been 2 hours and now Manik was getting impatient.

Manik: (worried) Abhi why is she not up yet?

Abhi: Manik it's because of the medicines. She will wake up soon.

After 15 minutes Manik felt her fingers moved.

Manik: Guys she...she moved.

Everyone immediately surrounded around her and saw her trying to wake up.

Manik: Nandini baby can you hear me? Try opening your eyes slowly bache. See Dadda is here with you.

Then finally she opened her eyes and was scanning her surrounding.

Nandini: (confused) Where am I?

Alia: You are in the hospital room baby.

Abhi: Nandini baby do you feel pain anywhere?

She shook her head as no. Manik who was staring at her till now as if making sure that he was not dreaming just hugged her tightly.

Manik: Thank god you are fine. I was so scared. (breaking the hug) Are you ok? (no response) What happened baby? Why are you not talking?

Nandini: Wh...Who are you?

Now that was a heartbreaking moment for Manik. He felt nothing. He didn't understand how to react after listening to her. For once he thought maybe he misheard her but no she actually forgot him. Nandini, his baby, his life doesn't remember him. He just went numb.