Chapter 73

Next morning:

Everyone except Nandini and Cabir were in the guest room with Manik.

Manik: Guys before executing our plan I want to try my way just in case that works.

They agreed and went downstairs and waited for Cabir and Nandini who were missing. After 5 minutes both came down and went towards the others.

Cabir: Good morning guys. (to Manik) So I hope you had a good sleep at night.

Manik: (gritting his teeth) Of course.

Nandini: (in a sarcastic way) Come on bhai is that even a question? Obviously, he had a good sleep at night without me isn't it Dadda?

Manik: Baby you are misunderstanding it.

Nandini: (royally ignoring him) (to Abhi) Bhai I am hungry let's go.

She dragged him with her and Cabir following behind. Manik sighed sadly and others felt pity for him.

Manik: (trying to smile) It's ok guys I know she can't stay angry with me for a long time. Don't worry let's go and have breakfast.

They all went into the dining room and Manik smiled a bit seeing Nandini sitting on her usual chair beside him. Everyone settled down in their respective places and started eating except Nandini because usually Manik feeds her breakfast so she is habitual of it and now that she is angry she can't even ask him to feed her. Manik noticed that she was just playing with her food and chuckles internally. He took a morsel near her mouth to which she was just staring.

Manik: Come on baby you should not remove your anger on food. Please eat it.

Nandini: (after thinking for some time) I will eat but don't think that you are forgiven.

She took a bite and Manik cooed looking at her angry pout. Both of them had their breakfast in silence.

In the living room:

Manik: Baby I have a deal for you... If you forgive me then Dadda will take you to the ice cream parlor and you can have 2 ice creams today.

Nandini: (excited) REALLY!!!!

Manik: (smiling) Yes baby.

Nandini: I-

She was cut off in middle by Cabir.

Cabir: Manik are you bribing my baby sister? Hawww that's very bad. Nandu I will take you to the ice cream parlor and buy 4 ice creams for you.

Manik: No you won't.

Cabir: (in a challenging tone) Oh I will.

Manik: Nandini can't handle more than 2 ice creams... She will fall sick.

Cabir: Let her decide that. Baby with whom do you want to go?

Nandini: Of course you bhai, but I want 4 ice creams.

Cabir: (giving a victory smile to Manik) Sure my princess.

Manik: Nan-

Nandini: Bhai let's go.

Both brother and sister were out of their site before anyone could even react.

Manik was so angry right now that he just threw the glass that was in front of him and it shattered into pieces. Every flinched because of his sudden anger brust.

Manik: I have never hated Cabir so much in my life... If he wasn't my best friend I would have for sure killed him by now.

Navya: Manik I am sorry I don't know why Cabir is behaving like that.