Chapter 8

Manik went in the living room and settled down with everyone while everyone was playing with Nandu. Abhi saw that he was in deep thought so he asked.

Abhi: Manik is everything alright? You seem disturbed after phone call?

Manik: (sighs heavily)After that he tells them everything.

Navya: Dont worry Manik. Everyone is with you we will also take care of our baby sister.

After talking for few more min everyone departed towards their room.

After 6 months

In this 6 months Nandu got more closer with Manik. Every morning she spends one hour only with him and dont let anyone to play with her. It had became their daily routine. Cabir has became her favourite brother. 4 months back when their school started Nandu was not ready to leave Manik even he was not willing to leave her alone but others made him understand it is important for him to attend his school regularly. After few days things got normal Nandu stopped crying after they left for school. But these days she has become very cranky. Manik thought it maybe because she is not getting proper sleep as every night she wakes up at least 3 or 4 times. One night when Manik was putting Nandini to bed he realised she is having fever, he got panicked and even called others.

Cabir: Manik yaar what happened? I am very tired. I was just going to bed.

Manik: Cabir Nandu has fever.

Alia: What? Fever? But kaise?

Manik: Even I dont know man. What should I do?

Dhruv: Buddy call Dr uncle and ask him.

Immediately Manik picked his phone and called dr.

Manik: Hello Dr uncle, Manik here. Actually suddenly Nandini is suffering from fever.

Dr: How was she these few days? Was she ok or a bit cranky?

Manik: She was cranky and even dint slept much. Every night she used to wake up at least 3 to 4 times.

Dr: Hmmm.... Dear there's nothing to worry. It maybe because her teething process much have started. Normally babies do get cranky and suffer from fever. There's nothing to worry about. I will prescribe you a medicine for fever and a gel apply it on her gums it will help her.

Manik: Ok thank you dr.

Mukti: What happened? What he said?

Manik: He said there's nothing to worry it might be because of her teething process. He has prescribed medicine and gel for her. It's ok guys now you all sleep I will look after her.

Abhi: If you need us just wake us up.

He nodded and everyone went to sleep. After few days she got her first teeth in between these days she got sick regularly but everyone took care of her. Everyone were happy to see these few changes in her like first crawling, first teeth.

After 6 months

Now Nandini is of 1 year and got alot naughtier. She crawls all around the house and whenever its time for her milk she just hides herself in some corner. Everyone has got busier as its their exam time. They spend most of their time for studying which our Nandu dint like.

Manik's room

Manik was preparing for his exam which is gonna be held tomorrow. Nandu was playing silently with her toys as Manik told her that after completing his work he will play with her. But he taking too long so she started pulling his shirt.

Manik: What happened bacha? I know you want to play with dadda but dadda has exam tomorrow and if he dont study well he will fail in exams. Do you want your dadda to fail? Wait for few more minutes and then we will play ok. (saying this he again started studying but Nandu wanted his attention)

Nandu: Da...dda .......Da...dda

Manik heard this and was looking at her shocked.

Manik: Bacha you called dadda hai na. Say once again. Say dadda.

Nandu: Da...dda.... Da..dda.

Manik smile whole heartedly and starting kissing her full face while Nandu was giggling.

Manik: You said dadda. Oo god I cant believe I am so happy bacha. I love you I love you so much.

He called everyone in his room.

Cabir: Manik kya hua you called everyone in your room. Anything important.

Manik:(nodded his head) Bacha say once again.

Nandu: Da...dda.

Everyone was shocked to hear that.

Mukti: Did she just said dadda? Am I dreaming?

Alia: OMG!!!! Nandu called Manik.

Cabir: Behena say Cabir bhai. (but she looked at him in confusion) say na once Cabir Bhai.

Navya: Cabir she is still small to pronounce such big names.

Everyone were happy after listening her.

Time skips (2 weeks)

Today everyone was happy as it was their last exam and after this they can play with Nandini whole day. They all got ready for their exam and after breakfast headed towards their car.

Manik: Bacha dadda will come soon ok. Dont do any mischief after we come back we will spend whole day with you. Ok bye love you.(he pecked her forehead and left towards the car)

In afternoon

Nandini was waiting in the living area as it was time for everyone to reach home. After few minutes a car honks indicating that they have reached. They all rushed towards living room where Nandu was waiting for them.

Navya: Nanduuuuu!!!! We are back.

Cabir: Yes behena from today your cabir bhai is going to spend his whole day with you.

Nandu: Bh.....ai bh....ai

Cabir:(got emotional) You called me bhai. You guys heard it right she called me bhai.

Mukti/Alia/Navya: Nandu say didi.... Please for once say didi.

Nandu: Di...di

Everyone got so excited. Cabir picked her up and swinged her up.

Manik: Cabir what are you doing, leave her she will get hurt. Give her to me even I want to meet her.

He takes Nandini from Cabir.

Manik: Did you missed your dadda today?

Nandini:(nodded her head) Dadda....dadda.

Manik: Guys lets do one thing lets freshen up complete our lunch and then will go at park. Even my baby will like it.

Everyone went to their room.

Manik: Bacha you play with your toys till the time dadda takes bath then will have lunch. My baby must be hungry. Dont go anywhere ok.

Saying this he headed towards bathroom. After sometime when Manik came back from bathroom he saw that Nandini was not their in their room so he started shouting her name.

Manik: Nandini. Nandini bacha where are you? Bacha come out dont try to hide yourself. Nandini.

Mukti: Manik kya hua? Why are you calling Nandini? She was with you right.

Manik: Yes Mukti she was with me but when I went to take bath in that time went somewhere. We need to find her soon.

Everyone started finding Nandini. After sometime

Manik: Did you guys found her?

Everyone shook their head. At the same time they heard someone giggling. They went towards the direction from where they can her the sound. Manik open the door of the room and what they shocked everyone.

That's it for today. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

I know I showed many leaps in this chapter but I didn't had much idea about what to write. Hope you guys understand.