Chapter 12

Doctor sigh and nodded his head as no. Everyone panicked and rushed towards them.

Cabir: Dr Nandini my sister she is fine right?

Dr: Mr. Malhotra I need to talk with you please come to my cabin.

Saying this he left. Manik Cabir and Abhi went inside the cabin.

Dr: Please have a sit Mr. Malhotra.

Manik: Dr Nandini is fine right? There's nothing to worry na?

Dr: Actually I have a good news and a bad news for you. Good news is that she is out of danger now.

Listening to this they sighed in relief and thanked the Dr.

Abhi: What about the bad news? I am a doctor you can explain her condition to me.

Dr: Looking at her condition I think she has been abused. She is very small to cope up with all this. She making it out today was a difficult task she could have lost her life as she had an injury in her brain. But it couldn't be cured completely. As she is at the developing stage the injury in her brain has stopped her developing. She will never grow up as an adult from my brain. This incident must had left a scare in her mind she might get panic attacks so please be careful try to keep her happy.

NOTE: You may find this reasoning illogical but its just an imagination dont take it seriously.

Cabir: There might be some way to cure her right?

Dr: For now you dont have options. You just need to take care of her.

Manik: I dont care if she is immature and childish for whole life I will take care of her. I just need her to be fine.

As he finished this nurse bragged inside the cabin.

Nurse: Dr the patient is conscious now but she is not letting anyone come near her and throwing all the things.

Listening to this Manik run towards her ward and what he saw broke his heart. Nandu was sitting in the corner and mummering something.

Nandu: No please leave me. Please dont hit me. Its paining please leave me.

Manik went near her but she jerked his hand.

Manik: Nandu bache open your eyes its me dadda. Please open your eyes once and look at me. No one is going to hit you I am there to protect you.

But she was not listening to him and suddenly she started breathing heavily. Doctor rushed towards them and as she was not listening to anyone he injected her due to which she slept. All this while Manik was observing her and seeing her in this condition broke him completely. He slowly started walking out of the room. He reached the hospital garden and sat down on the nearby bench and was blankly looking towards sky. Cabir knew he needed someone to talk right now so he went with him.

Cabir: Dont keep it inside yourself Manik. Take it out.

Manik: You saw her right you saw her condition. I could hear her shouting for me at that time calling me to help her. How could I not see this Cabir How could I let this happen. I promised to protect her always but I failed.

Cabir: No one knew such thing would have happened. You are nowhere at fault. Dont blame yourself Manik.

Manik: When I saw her today in that storeroom all bruised everything around me stopped. I so wished it to be a nightmare. The person whom I cherished the most I never a single scratch on her but today I failed very badly. When she passed out it felt like my soul left my body I kept begging her open her eyes but she dint even listen to me even once. Her panic attack Cabir she dint even let me touch her. I am craving for her I want to hold her I want to hug her just to assure myself that she is fine but she dint even let me near her.

Cabir: Manik give her time. As much as she is important for you same goes with her. She cant live even a day without you. She needs you Manik but she is scared. You cant fall weak you have to bring that cheerful Nandini back. We have to bring her back. Hum sab tere sath hai. Dont worry.

Manik hugged him tight and started crying. After sometime Dhruv came over there.

Dhruv: Buddy Nandu ko hosh aagya. She is calling you and crying. Please come fast.

Everyone rushed inside and Manik went inside the room.

Nandu: I want dadda please call him. I want to see him.

Manik: Nandu I am here baby. Kya hua why are you crying hmm?

Nandu: Dont leave me please. I am scared. Please dont leave me. (saying this she hugged him tight)

Manik: Dont worry baby I am here. I will not leave my baby alone. (he pecked her forehead)

Everyone came inside her room. Cabir went near her and hugged her tight as even he was scared of loosing her. One by one everyone hugged her.

Cabir: How are you baby sis?

Nandu: Its paining. I...I was sca...red...(crying) he beat me.... I asked him to st..op but he beat me with ruler and belt. (now she was crying badly) No one came to help me.

All the girls started crying while boys were trying hard to stay strong.

Manik: Bas dont think about it. Now see everyone is here with you nothing will happen to you.

Nandu: Dadda I dont want to go to school. They will beat me again.

Manik: Dont worry you are not going anywhere ok. You will stay by my side always.

They talked for some more time in order to keep her distracted. After sometime Manik made Nandini sleep and told others to go home as they must be tired, while Cabir and Manik stayed with her.

Cabir: Tomorrow we can discharge her in the morning.

Manik nodded his head while he was thinking something else.

Cabir: What are you thinking?

Manik: About the person who did this to my baby. I will not leave him. Once I find him I will kill him. Cabir call Commissioner and tell him I want that person in front of me within 24 hours.

Cabir nodded his head and went outside to call while Manik sat beside Nandini holding her one hand and from other hand caressing her hair.

Manik's POV

I was so scared today just thinking about what happened today or what worst could have happened scares me to death. I cant lose her never in this lifetime. Whosoever did this to my baby I swear I will kill him with my hands. How dare he even touch her. I failed to protect her today I should have listened to her and let her stay at home today. But from now I am not letting her go anywhere without me. I cant lose her again. I love you Nandini.

POV end

He pecked her forehead and slept holding her hand tightly.

That's all for today. Hope you enjoyed.