Chapter 78

After 15 minutes she came out and saw Manik sitting on the bed working on his laptop completely ignoring her presence.

Nandini: (sighs) Looks like someone is angry. Chalo Nandu kaam pe lag jao.

Slowly she went towards Manik and stood in front of him but he didn't even look up from his laptop. 

Nandini: (pouts) Daddaaaaaa are you angry with Nandu? (silence) Don't ignore me na. (again silence) Acha Nandu is sorry. (no reply) Dadda if you don't talk to me now then I will start crying ha.

Nandini kept trying her cute antics to make him talk to her but Manik didn't even spare a glance at her making her more impatient. On the other hand, it was so difficult for Manik to ignore her. Only he knew how he was controlling himself from gobbling her after listening to her complaints. 

Manik: (in a cold tone) NANDINI I am working right now so don't disturb me and go sleep on your side.

He purposely called her by her name because he knew how much she hates hearing him calling by her name.

Nandini: Hawww you called me Nandini... You can't call me that.

Manik: (raising his eyebrows) And why is that? NANDINIIIII.

Nandini: (stomping her foot) No No No you just can't call me that... This time I didn't even do anything to make you angry.

Manik: Nandini enough you are disturbing me now.

But in reality, he was not doing anything on his laptop just typing random words.

Nandini: You know what FINE DO YOUR WORK.

She stomps her foot and was going to her side of the bed but being a clumsy girl she knocks her right foot on the corner of the bed.

Nandini: (holding her foot) Ahhhhhh...

Manik: Nandini!!! (kneels down in front of her) Baby, are you ok? Are you hurt?

Nandini: (in pain) My f...foot.

He removes her hand from her foot which she was holding to have a look at it. Luckily they were no sign of blood or some kind of injury. He rubs her foot for some time and after 5 minutes the pain started reducing. 

All this while Nandini had her eyes closed because of the pain, a few drops of tears flowing down her eyes. Once the pain started reducing she slowly opened her eyes only to see Manik giving her an angry look. 

Manik: Can't you walk properly? Is it compulsory to injure yourself every time? (she was about to cry again) Stop crying... First, injure yourself and then start crying so that I won't scold you, hai na?

Nandini: (crying) You are bad, very bad. Nandu won't talk to you. Always scolding me. I am going to Mukti Di.

Saying this she stood up and went towards the door.

Manik: (sternly) Nandini stop right there.

But she didn't listen to him and went outside.

She knocked on the door and Abhi open the door and was shocked to see Nandini crying.

Abhi: Nandini? Baby, why are you crying?

She just hugged him.

Nandini: Dadda is bad. Always scolding Nandu.

Abhi understood something might have happened between the couple. He broke the hug and wiped her tears and made her sit on the bed. At that time Mukti also came out of the bathroom and noticed Nandini but now she was not crying.

Mukti: Nandu.. Baby what happened?

Nandini: Diiiiii Dadda again scolded me. He always scolds me this time I will not forgive him. I won't talk to him.