Chapter 97

One Month Later

Life had settled back into its familiar rhythm for Nandini and also for others after the event of the past month. Although the ban on competitions still loomed over her, Nandini was grateful for the second chance her Dadda had given her. With the unwavering support of others and the ever-watchful eye of Manik, she was determined to prove that she could prioritize her health without compromising her ambitions.

As the morning sun filtered through the curtains, Nandini stirred from her sleep, greeted by the warmth of Manik's embrace. She snuggled closer to him, relishing in the comfort of his arms around her. Manik, still half-asleep, tightened his hold on her, unwilling to let her go.

Manik: (sleepily) Good morning, my little sunshine.

Nandini smiled, her heart fluttering at the endearment.

Nandini: (gently) Good morning, Dadda.

Their peaceful moment was interrupted by the sound of Cabir barging into the room, his usual cheerful demeanor on full display.

Cabir: Rise and shine, lovebirds! It's a beautiful day, and we've got a lot to do!

Manik groaned, burying his face in Nandini's hair.

Manik: Can't we have just five more minutes, Cabir?

Cabir chuckled, pulling back the curtains to let the sunlight flood the room.

Cabir: Nope, no time for snoozing! We've got a busy day ahead, remember?

Nandini giggled, gently extricating herself from Manik's embrace.

Nandini: (teasingly) Come on, Dadda. We don't want to keep everyone waiting.

Manik reluctantly released her, sitting up with a dramatic sigh.

Manik: Fine, fine. Let's get this day started then.

With a collective groan, they dragged themselves out of bed and prepared for the day ahead. After a quick breakfast filled with lively chatter and laughter, they set off for their respective workplaces.

First stop: Nandini's college. As Manik and Cabir dropped her off, Nandini waved goodbye, promising to meet them later in the day. Manik watched her go, a fond smile playing on his lips.

Manik: Take care, my little sunshine. I'll see you soon.

Nandini: (grinning) Bye, Dadda! Don't miss me too much.

As Nandini disappeared into the college building, Manik and Cabir shared a knowing look before heading off to their office.

In college:

As Nandini walked through the college campus, lost in her thoughts, she heard a familiar voice calling her name.

Khushi: Nandini! Hey, wait up!

Nandini turned around to see her best friend Khushi running towards her, a worried expression on her face.

Nandini: (sarcastic way) Oh, hey Khushi. Finally you showed up.

Khushi: (breathless) Why did you ignore me back there? Is everything okay?

Nandini: Ignoring you? Me? Never!

Khushi: (rolling her eyes) Oh, come on, Nandini. What's wrong?

Nandini crossed her arms, a small pout forming on her lips.

Nandini: Well, someone decided to vanish into thin air for two whole days without a single word! I tried calling you, but you didn't even bother to pick up.