Chapter 72

In guest room:

Manik was trying his best to sleep but he couldn't sleep without Nandini. He was cursing Cabir for all this that happened today, planning different ways to kill him and even convince Nandini. When he couldn't think of any idea frustrated from the thoughts he covered himself fully with blanket.

After 2 minutes someone opened the room door very slowly but Manik could sense someone coming inside. He smiled knowing who could that person be but he still didn't move. Slowly that person came and thought that he was sleeping so even that person slept on the other side of the bed. The person put his arms around Manik making Manik smile from inside the blanket. Finally he spoke.

Manik: Couldn't sleep?

??: Mhmm.

Manik: Even I couldn't... I was missing your warmth.

??: Me too.

Manik was confused after listening to this.

Manik: Were you crying?

??: No.

Manik: Why does your voice sound like this?

??: What are you saying?

Manik removed his blanket and switched the lights on and screamed after seeing the person beside him. Because of his screaming even the other person screamed.

Manik: YOU? What are you doing here Cabir?

Cabir: What you mean by what I am doing here?

Manik: This is my room. So what are you doing here in my room and that too in middle of night?

Cabir: I came to sleep here.

Manik: (annoyed) And may I know why?

Cabir: Sure you may. (Manik rolled his eyes) So you know Nandini is angry with you and that to because of me.

Manik: (gritting his teeth) Cabir.what.are.you.doing.here.

Cabir: Ha toh that's what I am explaining na. Let me finish... Ha so because of me you guys are fighting and you had to sleep here (pointing at the room) I felt bad. I couldn't sleep at all. I thought you must be feeling lonely so I came to sleep with you (placing his hand on Manik's shoulder) just in case you need me.

Manik: (fake smiling) That's so thoughtful of you.

Cabir: I know right.... but I had to do that afterall you are my brother na.

Manik: (controlling his anger) Oh is it? (Cabir nodded) So where was your this brotherhood while giving me that dare ha?

Cabir: Oh hello you are my brother isliye vo dare diya tha otherwise I had some other plans.

Manik: (raising his one eyebrow) And what was that?

Cabir: Initially I planned to make you jealous by giving Nandini dare to dancing with some random person but because I am a good person I didn't do that.

Manik: You know one thing Cabir?

Cabir: What?

He wrapped his one hand around Cabir's shoulder and gave him a wicked smile.

Manik: If you would have done anything like that na right now you wouldn't be here standing in front of me... You would be somewhere in some random hospital room in an unconscious state.

Listening to this Cabir's smile dropped.

Cabir: Manik I-

Manik: And now that you came here to comfort me na? (he gulped but still nodded) Who will comfort you after going from here?