Chapter 82

It had been a week since the incident, and although the initial fear still lingered in the air, others gradually began to move on and return to their regular routines. Amidst this, Manik found himself engrossed in his work, as he and Cabir were tasked with cracking an important deal. Day and night, he poured his efforts into this deal, often staying up late into the night even after returning home. Despite the concerns expressed by others, Manik insisted on shouldering the workload himself, determined not to burden anyone else.

Nandini, being an understanding and caring partner, respected Manik's dedication and tried her best not to disturb him during his work. However, as the days went by, a growing sense of worry for his well-being began to occupy her thoughts. Each morning, she would wake up to find an empty space beside her, indicating that Manik had already left for the office. Yet, he always made sure to leave a short note before departing, as a way of reassuring her and expressing his love.

The note would read something like this: "Good morning, my love. I apologize for leaving you alone in bed, but there's an important meeting I had to attend. I'll try to return as soon as possible, but in the meantime, please don't forget to have your breakfast and don't worry or become upset just because I'm not there. Take care, my darling. I love you my baby. Goodbye."

Nandini cherished these small gestures, appreciating the thoughtfulness behind them. However, her concern for Manik's health continued to grow, urging her to find a way to address the situation

Present:

As usual, Nandini woke up alone that morning, finding a note on the nightstand. A smile spread across her face as she appreciated his thoughtful gesture, but it quickly turned into a sigh as the reality sank in—once again, he had left her alone early in the morning.

She reached for her phone and dialed Manik's number. He picked up after a few rings.

Manik: So finally my baby woke up, ha?

Nandini: (in a childish tone) Yesh, but baby is missing her Dadda.

Manik: (sighs) Sorry baby, Dadda had an important meeting today.

Nandini: (pouts) You always say the same thing.

Manik: But from tomorrow, I won't... because today is the final meeting, and then we will know whether we will get the deal or not and then no more late night work.

Nandini: (excited) Yayyyyy!!! All the best. I know you will get the deal.

Manik: (smiles) Now that I have my baby's wishes with me I m sure I will get the deal.

Nandini: (giggles) Oh by the way did you had your breakfast before leaving?

Manik: (bites his tongue) Babyyyyyyy-

Nandini: (understood his tone) So you didn't had na?

Manik: Baby I was in hurry.

Nandini: You say this everytime. Why can't you take care of yourself. You always tell me to take care of myself but what about you, ha? Now I don't want to listen anything, order something right now I will also listen and if you don't then even I am also not eating anything.

Manik: Baby-

Nandini: (in a serious tone) Are you telling your secretary or no?

Manik: (sighs) Ok wait.

He then calls his secretary and asks him to order sandwich for him.

Manik: Happy?