Chapter 42

Kelly's POV

I got a vision of some sort? Or a memory? I don't even know how to explain it. It was just quick flashes of... things. Not even things, just noises. I can't remember them all or even anything important about them.

Xavier touched my shoulder and snapped me out of whatever was going on.

 I whipped my head to face him. I didn't notice when he had moved.

"What happened? Are you ok?" He questioned me.

"I- I don't know." I stuttered. I was so confused. "C-Can I just b-be alone?" I looked up at him. I just need time to comprehend what I woke up to and what just happened.

"Of course. I'll come get you when you're ready to be discharged." He said before he walked out the door and closed it behind him. 

I laid back down and decided to close my eyes. Maybe a short nap would help me come to terms with things.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey..." I heard a gentle voice wake me. "Its time to go, you have to wake up." 

There was no weird dream thing this time, just darkness which was good. I got some rest.

I peeled my eyes open to see that Xavier had woken me. He had clothes in one hand while the other was resting on my shoulder. 

"I figured you might want to change and not wear the gown outside." He said with a slight smile.

"Thanks." I said while struggling to sit up. My side burned whenever I moved. 

I managed to sit up finally and took the clothes from Xavier who went to sit down. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, my feet didn't quite reach the floor so they just dangled for a second. I firmly placed my feet on the ground, still not standing on my own.

I could feel Xavier's gaze on me this whole time. I'm glad he's not trying to help, not that I would accept any from him. I mean the only reason I've been thanking him is because I'm hoping if I'm nice, I'll be able to get out of here faster. That and the fact that I'm super confused. They should hate me, but they don't.

"Do you nee-" Xavier started speaking before I cut him off, still facing away from him.

"No." I said rather sternly. "I can do this on my own. I have to." I responded softer.

He didn't respond after that and just let me do my thing. I had my feet set firmly on the ground and managed to stand. I was in so much pain though. Before I could take a step, I sat back onto the bed.

"Please help?" I whispered looking at the floor. I was embarrassed that I needed help. I always did everything on my own.

"Of course." He said and got up from his seat to help me.

Before he could help though we heard yelling in the hall. 

"Where is she?!" I knew that voice. I can't remember who it was though.