The end

***

A month later you move in with Tengen. You could suffocate your pride and took Tengen's money to buy yourself free from Aoki-san. She wasn't amused but had to let you go. You don't care who's now guarding the Oiran but hope she'll be safe.
The muscle mice returned to the mansion with you, too, and keep you on track.

Together you and Tengen redesigned a part of his mansion so now you have a giant shared bedroom plus a giant shared bathroom. They are extremely cozy and pretty.
Some days you can't leave either of them because of Tengen's needs and yours. But that's okay.
Tengen has fewer missions than before and can stay by your side for a couple of days nonstop.

Oyakata-sama and you had an agreement that you will be focusing mainly on training younger demon slayers such as Tanjirou, Inosuke and Zenitsu instead of having missions every week.
You still seek for surviving relatives of the demons you kill to inform them that their family member has now found peace. The reactions to it still differ.

The lack of missions gives you the possibility to spend more time with Tengen as well and is helping your body to recover.

Most of the time it's only the trio you're training which isn't something to complain about. It's always very entertaining to play hide and seek with them or sharpen their reflexes.
Inosuke often shows you new techniques for his nichirin blades so you can also use them.
Zenitsu impresses you over and over again with his speed and ability to concentrate when being asleep. You envy him for that.
Tanjirou and Kanao get along very well which is why she regularly visits whenever the boys are around. It motivates both of them and increases their mental strength.

Unfortunately Nezuko still has to hide in Tanjirou's box and can't participate. However when the boys stay over for a week or weekend of training you get the possibility to talk to her at night.
She grew as much a friend to you as Kanao did
and sews your soul back into one solid piece by telling you about everything she feels.
It cures your heart to be able to help Tanjirou and Nezuko. They became a part of your family just as Inosuke and Zenitsu did.
You always look forward to meeting them again and fear for dear life whenever they are out on a mission. However Tengen is there to comfort you and assure you that they will survive.

The hair clip Tengen gave you last year has become a part of your daily life again and conjures a smile on Tengen's face every time he sees it, which is almost every day.
The only time you leave it at home is when going on missions so you won't lose or break it. You're planning on gifting Tengen something, too, but didn't yet figure out what.

Unlike you Tori doesn't need to worry about anything. She spends most of her days in your extended garden where you accompany her often. You like to sit between the flowers, trees and plants and just inhale the life sprouting around you.
Meanwhile Tori speaks to you about the most random stuff.

Just like you Haganezuka-san fell in love with the garden and forgets his fury for being needed - which means that either you or Tengen broke one of his beloved works- as soon as he sets foot inside it.
It makes your life less complicated and you won't drown in anxiety whenever an opponent has been a little too rough.

The other hashiras reacted better than expected to your new relationship.
Kyōjurō-san nearly threw a party and wouldn't stop complimenting how matching you and Tengen are and how he always knew this day would come.
Shinazugawa-san didn't comment on it but apologized for every insult he ever threw at you.
Mitsuri-san and Tokito-san congratulated you as if it were an achievement. Even Obanai-san did.
Giyu-san didn't say anything just like Himejima-san. You didn't expect them to honestly. It's much more relaxing to not get stared at with happily gleaming eyes every time you are around the others.

Oyakata-sama, too, didn't seem very surprised and even talked about marriage but you're not ready to go that far. Yet.
Y

ou need a little bit of calmness and peace in your life now. Planning a wedding doesn't sound like it but it doesn't affect your decision that Tengen indeed is husband material.

He almost always visits your family's grave with you and puts flowers on top of it. They are especially for Shin. Lavender is blooming again.
Tengen tells him stories of you and of him and listens when it's your turn.
Whenever you want to visit the grave by yourself Tengen makes sure you won't feel lonely and fondles you as soon as you're back.

Sometimes you need to be completely alone and don't talk to anyone for half a day or longer. There are words and thoughts that still stitch your mouth closed.
Despite this Tengen always is there for you and accepts your mood swings. He never once complains but listens, with two hot cups of tea in his hands, when you are ready to speak again.

Tengen is proud of you whenever you manage to talk about Shin, your family and Yoshiwara. He, too, tells you about his decreased siblings and the violence he experienced in his childhood.

It bonds you to know and experience each other's pain and past.
It bonds you even more to comfort and love each other after.
Nothing could ever heal both of you better than your love and affection; your understanding for each other.
Time will do the rest.

But most importantly:

You know it.
Tengen knows it.
The two of you belong together.
As of day one you were entwined for eternity.

***

A/n: Dear reader, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for finishing this journey with me. I hope that you enjoyed its ups and downs as much as I did and wish you all the best. ❤️
Farewell!🥰