Chapter 9 | Storytime

At first you weren't able to sleep but the next time you open your eyes you're alone. There's still the bulge in the bed where Tengen-sama has laid but he's gone.
As you sit up you grimace with pain.
Yeah...there was something.
Throwing back your blanket you can see the same thing as last night: lingerie and bandages.

You try to stand up but your legs won't listen. Guess Hachiko was too heavy.
How are you supposed to get back to your room? In lingerie....

You take a deep breath to calm down and start looking around. After all this is the room of your master, if you understood it right.
In contrast to the other rooms in the mansion, this one is rather dark with its grey furnishing. On one wall hangs a photo of a group of people you don't know and some other photos of the hashiras. To your surprise the room is very clean and tidied up. The grey carpet looks very fluffy and even though the atmosphere is kinda intimidating, it's comfortable.

A room you would love to sleep in, if you were alone.

A sudden knock on the door catches your attention.
Tengen-sama?

"Yes?" you shout, your voice still raspy.

"Our master ordered me to get you clothes and to help you if necessary. May I come in?" a high pitched voice asks.

Must be one of the little girls.

"Yeah."

Just as you expectes a 15 year old girl enters your room dressed in her maid outfit. You have to admit that she looks cute.
She walks toward you, her head bowed a little.

"Here are your clothings" she says, holding your uniform in front of you.
"Do you need help dressing?" she adds.

"No."
You don't want her to be here or to think that you're weak. You're not weak.

She hesitates before leaving, looking at you as if she wasn't sure if you were telling the truth.

You slowly try to stand up but decide to stay in your seating position for a while. As careful as possible you try to put on your uniform but the lightest stretching or movement causes several parts of your body to hurt.

Oh lord.
What did you do to him?

You put your head back, sighing.

Again there's a knock on the door, this time more wild.

"Yeah?" you say.

The girl jumps into your room, breathing fastly. She looks around and steps aside just in time. Without knocking the door swings open and Tengen-sama enters his room.

You're a little disappointed he doesn't wear his pyjama.
Not that you wanted to see his body.

"You!" he says loudly, pointing his index finger on you.

You raise your eyebrows.
Are we just gonna ignore the fact that you would be naked sitting in front of him if there weren't bandages around your body?

"I know that you can't dress alone in this condition, so stop denying it."
He turns towards the girl: "You! I told you to ignore if she's avoiding your help. Listen to me!"

She nods and turns red of embarrassment.
So do you.

Why does he care all of a sudden?

*
After dressing with the help of the girl you finally leave Tengen-sama's room. You want to return to your own but the girl tells you that you should eat at first. You don't want to debate about it.

Entering the dining room you find yourself alone. You take a seat and are just about to start as you here a familiar laugh. Turning around you see Hachiko standing in the doorway, supported by a crutch.