Chapter 2 | New master

You're wrong.
The creature standing in front of you is not a muscular mouse but a human man.

He is tall and has a very muscular build with lightly-tanned skin. His hair is white and of uneven length, the longest strands reaching his shoulders.
You look into a pair of thin maroon eyes with the left eye wearing what looks to be red make-up consisting of alternating large and small dots that run towards his eye.

Eyes like that....you envy them.
They are so beautiful, you could lose yourself in them all day without getting tired of it.

Your eyes wander down from his face to his clothing.
He wears a sleeveless dark turquoise uniform along with a wrap of burgundy cloth around his calves with wide pants tucked in. What's also interesting is that he doesn't wear shoes you would wear when fighting but white-strapped Zōri ( japanese sandals) just like he is about to clean the house.
Two thick golden rings around his upper arms stress his muscles even more.
A pair of fingerless blue gloves, secured around his middle finger adorn his big hands.
Looking at his fingers you can see that he wears nail polish alternating between green and red.
As well as this he wears a white head-wrap that covers his hair, leaving only a thin ponytail visible to fall behind his head. It is adorned with a large headband of pale gray that's decorated by six pink gemstones. A chain of smaller blue gemstones hangs from each side of this headdress, framing his face.

Damn.

"And you are?", the man asks with a deep and firm voice.

"Y/n."

"You are y/n?! Then what about the other girl standing in front of my gorgeous mansion?", he wants to know shocked.

His posture changes. He looks more threatening now.

"I don't know, why should I?", you answer.
You somehow feel attacked by the way he said 'you'. Like he knows something about you that he doesn't like.

The man squints while looking at you and you can tell that he is thinking.

"Come with me!", he demands and along with you, all the mice follow him, climbing on his muscular shoulders and starting what sounds like a conversation.
Looking at the man from behind you can see the muscles on his back through the uniform.

Well, he is good-looking, you can't deny.

Sadly after you enter the next room the mice jump off the man's shoulders and disperse in all directions.

The mysterious man guides you to the opened entrance of the mansion revealing a crying woman in your age kneeling in front of the doors outside. Her brown hair is tied into a ponytail with several strands hanging in her face.

"You see that woman?", the man asks as if you were blind.

"I do."

The woman looks up to the two of you with a facial expression that you cannot quite interpret.

"It's your fault that she is in this condition", the man claims, looking at you ominously.

"Why should this be my fault? I have never seen her!"
You cross your arms so he can see that you are annoyed.

The man squints next to the woman and pats her head. Her eyes lighten and it's sickening to see her aching for his attention.

"I mistreated her because I thought she was you. How surprising to see that I was wrong....a phenomenon you will never witness again."
His grin makes you sick.

He helps the woman up and turns towards you, standing large in front of you, hiding the sun behind his back.

"Buuuuut you should be the one kneeling in front of my mansion, begging for my generosity to let you in. After all you are the one that broke one of the easiest but most important rules in the demon slayer corps not that young lady. That's why I wonder why you believe that you can just walk around in my mansion without me giving you permission to do so."