Chapter 59 | Lust🍋

A familiar scent fills your nostrils. It promises safety and wholesomeness. Warm sunlight heats your cheek as if Kyōjurō-san himself would caress you with his flame breathing. Softness without an end embraces your whole body and keeps it warm and safe. It's almost as if you were laying on a cloud and would drift through the sky while the sun is peering at you. Only the wind and noises are missing.

There's a noice though.
A living being is slowly breathing next to you. The time between the inhale and exhale is too short to belong to a sleeping being but too calm for a moving being.
Listening to it only makes you tired again.
You move to your side - the cloud is so soft the movement doesn't make a sound - and open your eyes. Blurry colors of grey and yellow sharpen into a scenery.
You're in a room. It's familiar. Oyakata-sama's house's rooms always look like this. A huge windows guides the sun rays into your face like a prism. The light is so bright you can't see what's on the other side of the window. You squint your eyes in order to not get hurt.

Has sunlight always been this heavenly bright?

Your body in fact doesn't lay on a cloud but a simple futon. You expect it to get uncomfortable now that you learned the truth but your body stays light as a leave and the futon stays soft and embracing like a cloud.

The breathing sound continues. Slowly you turn around. A few inches apart from your futon sits someone cross-legged. His hands lay lazily on his feet. They are big and blueish veins are visible. The nails are alternately polished in green and pink.
You lift your gaze. The tall male figure looks at you the way Tori does whenever she sees peanuts in your hand.
Interested, happy, awaiting.
With almost sparkling eyes. Just as his skin does. The sun is completely directed at his head and makes his skin glisten slightly.
As if the sun wanted to tell you he's on the good side.
A crooked smile adorns his face.

"Morning", he greets and leans forward.
He reaches out a hand and gently caresses the back of your hand with his fingers. Your heart softens and longs for more of him.
"How do you feel?", he wants to know and stares directly into your eyes. No judgement or worry lies within them. Just a simple question.

Your mouth is dry and moving your tongue is more difficult than ever. You squint your eyes again and clear your throat. Then you prop yourself on your ellbow to be closer to Tengen-san.

"I don't know. My body feels weird", you answer and wiggle with your toes to make sure they still work.
After feeling so light you prepared for the worst.

"You fell asleep. You've been in a slumber for two days straight", Tengen-san explains. His eyes linger on yours.

"WHAT?"
Sleep was never that important for your body. It's not like you've worked really hard. You just hugged Tengen-san. Until you woke up you didn't realize at all you were asleep. You didn't even dream.

"You exaggerated. If you would have continued your life like this you would soon have died of a cardiac failure. Your body needed to rest. Normally you should notice that and listen to it."
Although he's lecturing you his voice holds no judgement or grudge.
You hold is gaze, unable to respond.
You know it. All this time you knew that someday your body would shut down forever to take revenge on you. That it could have been so soon...

"Do you want something to eat?", Tengen-san asks confidently.
In response your tummy growl.
"Tell me whatever you want", he demands and pushes down on your hand with his index finger.
There's no need to hesitate.

"Sashimi", you respond and try to look as honest and loving as possible.
Tengen-san hesitates and a warm expression creeps over his features.

"My favorite dish?", he repeats.
You nod.
He lifts his hand from yours and places it atop your head.
"Alright. Wait for me."
He ruffles your hair and rises. Once again you're surprised by his height.
He winks at you and leaves the room with strong steps.