Chapter 15 | Two heads are better than one

You follow Kanao for a while. She guides you up a mountain as if she knew exactly where the house of Oyakata-sama is. Maybe her orientation is that good but it would be very impressive.

It takes half an hour for you to reach the place Kanao is heading to. She isn't exhausted at all when stopping at the top of the mountain neither are you. From here you can see the whole area of the game.

"The house is over there" Kanao tells you, pointing her finger to the south.

"Right."
You knew it aswell. Not to seem stupid.
"You got a plan or were you just coming here to get an overview?"you want to know.

Three hours seems a lot but the time passes faster than you think. Also what is this with not being allowed to fight someone with a katana? Why did you get a new one back this morning?

"Maybe it's best to hide here for a couple of time and wait for the other teams to fight each other. We won't be the first one finding the crow anyways so we could just wait for another one to find it."

How can a person look so innocent but be so wicked inside?

"I agree but I think it's better to try to catch up on the other teams. Being as near to the crow as possible is the safest if time's running out."

Kanao nods.

Slowly but steady you run in the direction of Oyakata-sama's house. Not even ten minutes pass before you can hear a loud noise. You spin your head to the left and can see a tree falling.

What the fuck?

"Looks like we found someone" you comment.

"Let's follow them for a while" Kanao recommends and waits for you to agree.

*

You soon are near the team in front of you but still too far away for them to notice you. It's a weird team. The forest is to tight to see something so you can only hear one of the partners yelling as if they were alone and insulting the other one. His voice is raspy and he sounds kinda stupid. He's so loud you even understood that he was shouting something like 'why aren't you Monjirou.'
Who ever may be Monjirou.
All in all you get the feeling that this team isn't working together which calms you down.

It takes another 30 minutes to get to the house of Oyakata-sama. Kanao and you sit in the trees and watch the team you were spying on leave the forest and look around.
ONE OF THEM IS WEARING A BOAR HEAD ON HIS HEAD! WHAT THE FUCK?!
Of course it's the one yelling.

Oh my goodness what happened to the demon slayer corps that even boars are allowed to kill demons?

The other dude seems annoyed by his partner and also of the fact that they can't find the crow. They shout for a while that you're scared they are going to kill each other.

Suddenly a voice can be heard all over the area: "The team of Zenitsu and Tanjirou is disqualified."

What? They are calling the losers out?

You didn't think that the first one's would be disqualified this fast.
Six groups left.

"What are we gonna do now?" you whisper due to the fact that the crow is gone and the team in front of you is useless.

Suddenly another team shows up. It's a boy with a haori with chess pattern that carrys a boy with a yellow haori. Looks like the yellow one is asleep? The boar dude seems to know them and yells around.

Gosh he is so annoying...but he reminds you of your brother Shin.

Kanao gives you the sign to listen to them carefully. The yellow boy whimpers all the time while the other one trys to explain something.
" ... followed by three other teams ... fast we can't get them in time ..." is all you can hear.