Chapter 18 | Friendship with benefits

On your way you get to know the trio better. Inosuke is the one you like the most because of his stupid behavior.

The walk lasts 20 minutes. The sun isn't at the zenith anymore but still shining warm enough to get in contact with the cold water of the lake.
You're close to the beach as you smell the barbeque and hear the loud voices. Immediately a grin appears on your lips.
"Hey boys, wanna do a race?" you ask.

They all disagree.
Zenitsu because he says it's too exhausting.
Tanjirou because he says he is still not in the best condition.
Inosuke because he says it's childish.

You pout.
"Inosuke, what's with your mask?"

"It's very important to me!" he threatens.

Your grin grows wider.
"Catch me!" you shout while stealing the mask off Inosuke's head.

"You little cockroach!" he screams and immediately starts running.

Screaming of laughter you dash through the tiny wood. The cold breeze of the salty lake catches you as you jump on the other side - the beach.
Your eyes widen instantly while still being in the air. It's not the sea but it feels like it. Even though you don't like water it's a fantastic feeling to see it.

The loud talkings have gone silent but you don't pay attention to them anyways. Heading on the warm sand to the water you only have ears for Inosuke.
"I WILL BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA YOU!" he yells.

It's at this moment where you turn around.
A girl runs in your direction shouting with a male voice.
Wait...is this?

"DON'T YOU DARE LAUGHING!" Inosuke yells aiming for his mask.

You start giggling and hold the mask high up.
"I'm just shook that you hide a face prettier than mine under this ugly head!" you answer.

"DON'T CALL IT UGLY!"
He jumps in the air catching the head and immediately puts it on again.

"You will pay for this" he threatens and walks away.
Your eyes follow him and land on the bunch of people spread over the beach. There's a beachvolleyball field with a couple of girls playing on it. Next to it sit obviously the hashira around a fire and grill something.
Tanjirou and Zenitsu appear behind them just leaving the forest.
All of them look at you with different expressions.

Your eyes immediately meet Tengen-sama's. Finally you see him again. He looks like always but still different. Even from the distance you can barely feel him look into your soul.

As you get nearer you see the agressive dude and others sitting between or next to the hashiras.

Where should you go? What should you say?

You're really hungry but it's rather uncomfortable to sit next to the hashiras knowing that they don't like you.

"Y/n, you wanna sit next to us?" Tanjirou shouts.

Thank you!

Smiling you take a seat on a trunk next to Tanjirou and Zenitsu. Inosuke doesn't seem happy about it but he's too intimidated by the hashiras to complain.

Your eyes wander over the hashiras that don't look at you anymore. You recognize Giyu sitting next to Tengen-sama. Both of them look at you. You smile shyly and try to get away from this awkward situation by asking Tanjirou for a plate.
Soon you begin to eat with the others. Your eyes skip to Tengen-sama all the time your heart beating fastly whenever your eyes meet. He's rather quiet. Rengoku-san who is very funny by the way talks to him actively but Tengen-sama himself is more like Giyu.
You also watch the water hashira. As you came to Tengen-sama you preferred Gyiu for his calmness but now you find it rather boring. This doesn't change the fact that you still appreciate him a lot.