Chapter 10 | Debts🍈

You're not sure what to think of that mission. If you understood it correctly your action was expected of you. It secretly was your first mission being allowed to fight. Nevertheless Hachiko's life was in danger because she didn't have a chance.
Overall it doesn't make sense. If you have a lower rank than once you're supposed to fight demons with the matching rank...
Tengen-sama's mind is so different.

You get the next days free to recover. Most of the time you lay in your bed and read due to the pain of walking. Sometimes you manage to get in the garden and sit there for as long as the sun is shining. Hachiko stays in her room aswell but now and then she joins you on the bench and the two of you chat. The atmosphere is calming. Tengen-sama doesn't bother you which is relieving and sad at the same time. It's shocking how fast your mind starts aching for something common.

After nearly a week of recovery and relaxing passed you are able to walk again and to move your limbs without grimacing of pain. Some parts of your body still hurt a bit but it doesn't restrict your movement.

It's midday and you're walking through the mansion when suddenly a shadow appears next to yours. You smell a certain cologne.

His breath touches your ear as he offers: "I can teach you how to fight with two blades. It's VERY uncommon to change a fighting style but if you think it helps you, I'll show you how to improve."
His voice gives you chills.

You turn around a bit too fast and bump into Tengen-sama's chest. The smell is....mmh...you don't want to leave.
Confused you step back, trying to hide your embarrassment.
"Sorry."

You look into his eyes that twinkle of amusement. A smirk is on his face and he crosses his arms to prevent another collide.

"So? I guess you recovered enough to be able to train again."
His posture is so confident.
But since when dies he care about your improvement?

"That would be nice." you answer.

Tengen-sama puts his hands on his hip and responds: "Then this nice man will wait for you outside in an hour."

You nod, holding back.
He'll never change.

"I'm looking forward to seeing you." he says, turning around and disappearing into a room.

You thought you knew how he was but you don't. That's scary.

"Me too" you mumble, even though you are alone.

***
The hour passes faster than you thought it would. Maybe it's because you're somehow excited and your stomach tickles. You're not a fan of this feeling.
Most of the time you've been walking around your room, unable to keep calm or to read.

What weapon will you use, you only own one sword?
What will he show you?
What will it be like, being alone with him?
Will he humiliate you?
Will he laugh at you?

You're overthinking too much.
You start braiding your hair to do something different than overthinking.
It doesn't help that much tho.

Trying to focus on something different you leave your room and finally the mansion. The fresh air gives you chills but you welcome it. Looking to the left you find Tengen-sama standing in front of the forest surrounding the mountain.

His two nichirin blades twinkle golden in the sun even from this range.
Your stomach doesn't feel good but you decide to ignore it.

Tengen-sama looks at you while you walk towards him. Your eyes don't meet his a single time.

"You good?" he asks

"Yeah, I'm fine." you answer.

"Great! Follow me."
He turns his back towards you and goes into the forest.