Chapter 25 | A fiery secret

After you brushed your teeth to get rid of the sperm taste you put on your uniform for breakfast.

You kinda don't want to meet Tengen-sama now but at the same time you can't get enough of him.

With your katanas on your back you go into the dining room and meet the eyes of a couple of girls. It's still weird that Tengen-sama has so many house keepers in this age.

Tengen-sama sits on his usual place and is busy reading a letter.
Looks like there is work for him even though it seems like he just made it up and doesn't actually have things to do. You wouldn't be surprised if his 'work' is going to parties.

As you take a seat he quickly looks up and winks. You immediately turn red and bow your head. It's not common that he shows you this kind of affection.
As always the girls don't talk to you and you just start eating.
It's creepy how nothing changed even though a girl died here two days ago.

"You remember Rengoku-san?" Tengen-sama suddenly asks.

You look up and nod.
There never was any conversation between you and him but you met him at the beach and he seemed like a nice guy.

"He's coming over this afternoon so I will be busy."

You nod.
Why is he telling you that?

"You're on a mission tonight?"

You nod again.

Tengen-sama breaks eye contact and stares on his plate.
"What are you doing until then?" he wants to know.

"I wanted to train" you answer

This time Tengen-sama's the one who nods.
It's the end of the conversation.

*
The toxin in Hachiko's body was a specific one that not even the nurse knew. You lied that you didn't have a clue either and tried to not show the pain in your eyes.

It was his poison. No doubt.

You try to get rid of the thought.
Until midday you train in the woods not with the parcour, hiding from the sun. It gives you flashbacks from when you used to live in the forest for weeks. It was summer back then and the sun would burn your skin if you wouldn't have hidden between the trees. Sadly your skin is very sensible and catching a sun burn is easier than pulling a hair out of your head.
Even though it's close to autumn the sun still burns your skin here high in the mountains.

You don't want to be too exhausted which is why you decide to return back to Tengen-sama's mansion. You need enough energy for your mission tonight that luckily isn't too far away.
Fighting with two swords slowly gets more comfortable than fighting with only one. You're very proud of that after the hard training with Tengen-sama and alone.
So much time has passed but at the same time it's only been a couple weeks. Kinda creepy how familiar you became with this place and atmosphere.

As the mansion appears between the trees you can already feel that the temperature surrounding it rose.

Which breathing did that hashira use again?

You discuss with yourself wether you should look for the hashiras to greet them or to follow your grumbling stomach into the kitchen. Your decision is possibility two.

You sneak into the mansion and into your room to shower and change. On your way you can't hear any male voices which is why you assume that you won't meet them but just to be safe you are extra sharp-eyed.
You even hurry with showering etc. to avoid the hashiras.

As you sneak into the kitchen you find a couple of sushi plates that smile at you. Your eyes begin to twinkle and it needs very much control to hold back.
You look around but can't see anyone. It's obvious that the plates are for Tengen-sama and his friend.
Does this hold you back from picking one sushi from every plate so it doesn't look suspicious?
You don't think so.
Quickly you grab a clean plate out of the dishwasher and put one sushi per plate on it. Counting seven sushis in total you run out of the kitchen with a happy grin on your face and lock yourself in your room.