• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 : ℭ𝔬𝔪𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔰𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 •

• Chapter Twenty Eight : Compensation •

[••• ––– •••]

(Y/N) was soon indulged with telling Andrew her life for the next thirty minutes while constantly eating her breakfast and Harry was patiently sitting beside her, listening to their conversation.

Throughout the chatter of (Y/N) and Andrew, Harry couldn't help but notice the little crinkles on (Y/N)'s eyes while laughing at a joke Andrew had told her and the soft grin that painted her lips after Andrew expressed how desperate Elaine looked when the Ravenclaw girl told him about her. He realized how close they had gotten even before shit happened between the three of them.

And Harry was too engrossed even to think that this was not happening to him right now. She was happy and he was fine — and that was all that matters.

"Seriously speaking." Andrew began another topic after finishing the banter between Muggle colonizers. "Do you plan to go to France this summer?"

(Y/N) thought for a while, pulling the spoon out of her mouth.

"I think so." she replied. "Why not? I mean — I can visit you once I finalized my post-Hogwarts plan."

"Does that involve getting married?" Andrew teased, playing with his eyebrows while discreetly looking at Harry, who turned a little red once he heard the question.

"Eh? Too early, I guess." (Y/N) replied shyly, eyeing Harry as well. The hand on her thigh squeezed her skin in a silent response to her. "Yeah, no — no wedding yet."

"Aww. That's bad." said Andrew, chuckling at the two reddening faces of the couple in front of him. "I was rooting to be invited."

"Shut up." said (Y/N), now totally flattered.

"Okay, okay — fine, I'll shut up." said Andrew. "But what about that Muggle boy you met in that Muggle amusement park you went to last summer? What was his name again?"

"Daniel?" (Y/N) replied suddenly in an eager sort of tone. "We've talked on Instagram once or twice I think —"

Harry's attention span rose the moment he heard that unfamiliar name. Who was Daniel? Why hadn't he known this boy they were talking about?

His eyebrows were raised the whole time they talked about this Daniel guy. He stopped eating his breakfast now that he was curious about the topic — too curious that he was totally red when (Y/N) told Andrew how cute Daniel looked when she stalked him on Instagram.

"So, you had a crush on him?" Andrew questioned whilst discreetly watching Harry's reaction from the corner of his eyes.

"Yeah, a little." said (Y/N), glancing at Harry. "But that was before." she added when she met Harry's demanding eyes.

"As long as it was just a crush." said Harry, squeezing her thigh again. "I don't mind — I mean, you're already mine."

Andrew laughed, knowing that he was successful in making him speak. He had noticed how Harry kept himself quiet and contented himself with just staring at his girlfriend that he, Andrew, planned to make him jealous and speak up.

"Are you two in a private relationship or something?" said Andrew, noticing the timid hand-holding from thirty minutes ago.

"No." said Harry and (Y/N) together.

"Oh, so in public?" Andrew was slightly shocked.

(Y/N) hummed and Harry proudly nodded his head while drinking his goblet of pumpkin juice.

"So does that mean —" Andrew began teasingly. "— you two had sex already."

For a moment, there was chaos — or maybe there really has been. Harry choked on his juice, causing the juice to drop from his nose out of shock and (Y/N) took the rest of the juice into her lap accidentally.