• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 : 𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℭ𝔬𝔫𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 •

TW: Manipulation through sympathizing. Violence. Mentions of blood.

• Chapter Twenty Eight : The Confrontation •

[••• ––– •••]

"I'm sorry for making you ditch classes, Andrew." muttered (Y/N) weakly, her head remaining transfixed at the Ravenclaw boy's shoulder.

"Don't worry." replied Andrew, squeezing her hand that he had been holding all throughout the day.

"But you haven't eaten anything yet." said the Heather girl worriedly, slightly inclining her head to face him.

"Don't worry, okay?" he repeated firmly while smiling. "I'm not complaining. I'd do anything for you. Anything."

"Hmm." said (Y/N) grimly. She had heard the same phrases coming out from Harry and yet here he was, leaving her as though he hadn't told her a promise before. "Don't say that. I'm so sick of promises."

Andrew let out a sigh before brushing her hair with his free hand.

"I don't break promises, (Y/N), especially when it comes to you." he muttered close to her ear.

The Heather girl closed her eyes, wishing that Harry would state the same statement to her, wishing for him to stay with her, but it was only wishful thinking.

She hated it. She hated being left behind. What was the point, she thought, of protecting him from everyone else, including their friends, if he will only break his promises... if he will only leave her alone and broken? What was the point? What was his point?

He said he needed her. He said he wanted to be with her. He said she was the only person he found comfort with... Why, then, does he want to distance himself from her? Why does it look like Harry had found it easy to leave her?

"I..." she mumbled, snuggling closer to Andrew, trying to find her safe place in him. But for some reason, she couldn't feel safe with him. She felt like she was holding the wrong person. "I just... never thought that he could break promises that easily. He told me he'd never leave me. But, well..."

Andrew's mind immediately ran through ideas. What was she talking about? Why does she sound like she wasn't concerned about Harry killing people and was focusing on the fact that he was leaving her?

"I trusted him too much. I cared about him too much. I loved him too much. Yet the only payment for those sacrifices was this?" she wept, wiping her face again. "I ignored our friends to protect him... I've hurt my friends to keep him close to me..."

Protect him? Andrew thought wildly.

"Wait, what do you mean?" he asked even before he could pretend to know nothing.

(Y/N) didn't reply to that question. She, instead, sat properly again, reached for a rock beside her, and forcefully threw it on the silent lake. The rock flopped on the water with a soft clunk sound, which broke the short silence between them.

"(Y/N), what do you mean by that?" he asked again.

But the girl was still silent.

The Ravenclaw boy gaped at her, swallowing hard in an attempt to keep sane. He was becoming confused. He didn't know what to think.

He bit his lower lip. Ignoring the looming suspicion inside him, he slipped his hand on her lower waist again.

"(Y/N)..." he called, his tone was soft. "(Y/N), look at me."

The Heather girl hesitated for a second. She kept a soft frown on her lips before looking up at him.

"Harry doesn't deserve you." he mumbled, his eyes were staring at hers. "He's just hurting you, (Y/N). He's breaking you... But with me, I will never leave you."