• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔖𝔦𝔵 : 𝔖𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔤𝔤𝔩𝔢𝔰 •

TW: Mentions of mental health problems... The information here is based on real life. Some may oppose it, but, in my defense, it's what I and my friends felt when we were in that phase of our lives.

• Chapter Twenty Six : Struggles •

[••• ––– •••]

A week had passed and, thankfully, there weren't any dementors swarming in and out of Hogwarts. Apparently, Dumbledore had decided not to turn Harry in, which (Y/N) was grateful for. Harry told her that Dumbledore will just let Harry stay at Hogwarts until the end of the term without telling anyone about Harry's deed (except for some trusted people).

"Well, that's great, wasn't it?" said (Y/N) quietly while staring at the canopy of Harry's four-poster. She was laying at the end of the bed while Harry was sitting near the headboard, knees on his chest. "You're safe in here. Dumbledore's protecting you. He won't let anyone get into you."

"That's not what I'm thinking right now." muttered the Potter boy, rubbing his palm.

(Y/N) turned her head towards him and saw that he was already staring at her. She immediately understood what he meant. She gingerly rolled over to the bed and faced him while laying on her front body.

"I'm not going to leave you." she said reassuringly.

But Harry merely shook his head and looked away from her.

"I'm thinking of the opposite." he replied softly. "You're not supposed to be here. You're not supposed to stay."

The Heather girl sighed and rolled again to her original position, knees folded upright and both hands on her stomach.

"I think you've forgotten something, Harry." she replied pleasantly, a slight grin formed on her lips. "I remembered one time, I promised I'd stay with you. And I also remembered saying 'No matter what happens'... and I don't break promises, Harry."

She fully smiled, turning to Harry again. She swore she saw him smile, but didn't pursue it any longer and remained quiet.

The silence engulfed them. The only sound was the constant footsteps of the other occupants on the other dorms and the smart twittering of birds outside the castle. But the silence didn't bother them. Indeed, it helped them in securing a peaceful and friendly atmosphere between them.

(Y/N) wondered whether time would spare them a chance and let them be with each other for more hours than this. She doubted if this was their last moment together before everything could fall because there was no interruption at all. The lack of interrupting gap in between them was foreboding... it was scary to even think of the opposite.

"(Y/N)?" Harry called gently, yet his voice broke a bit.

"Hm?" hummed (Y/N), her worried eyes reaching his trembling stature.

Harry hesitated a moment before he shuffled on the bed feebly until he reached (Y/N)'s place. He laid beside her, one hand on his stomach, one was behind his head to be his pillow. Their breathing pattern was in sync as they both stared at the maroon canopy.

This is peaceful, Harry thought, feeling the girl's presence beside him. Would this last longer?

(Y/N) felt him slightly shift closer. She didn't move. She merely grinned at the closing warmth. She, however, unconsciously flinched when she felt a warm hand crawling into her left hand.

Harry held her hand delicately, intertwining them together as he brought their connected hands on the space in between them. He tightened the grip as he casually rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb. He slowly removed the hand on his head and placed it on his stomach.