• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 : ℭ𝔥𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔪𝔞𝔰 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔓𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔰 •

• Chapter Twenty : Christmas at the Potters •

[••• ––– •••]

"Now, (Y/N)."

(Y/N)'s grip on her backpack tightened as she exhaled a very long and exhausting sigh. Rolling her eyes, she rumbled;

"What now?"

The Malfoy boy groaned inaudibly and shifted the bag on his shoulder. The noises of the crowd behind them formed a background as they let people jostle around.

"Behave yourself. Don't kid around." said Draco. "Write to me immediately once you reach home."

"Okay, dad." said (Y/N), tilting her head to see a patiently waiting boy on the sliding door of compartment three. "I should go. See you next year, I guess."

"Yeah, see you." he said and extended his arms to wrap the girl in a tight and warm hug. "Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas." (Y/N) greeted back and pulled away.

She waved goodbye and then turned to part ways with Draco. She went to where compartment three was while Draco went to find the other Slytherins whom he promised to hang out with.

(Y/N) kept her head low to keep the prying stares away from her own eyes until she felt a soft hand grasping her arm. Looking up, she felt quite relieved to see Harry guiding her inside compartment three.

It was empty, obviously, except for a backpack that belonged to Harry and a bag that (Y/N) recognized as hers. After Harry closed the door, (Y/N) sat down and gave out a tired sigh.

"You okay?" Harry asked, sitting down beside her.

"Hmm. I can't say yes." she mumbled, leaning her head on the window glass. "I'm so tired... physically and emotionally. I feel drained for whatever goddamn reason."

Harry's eyes glazed in worry and concern. He shifted on his seat and carefully touched her knees.

"Let it out, (N/N)." he said. "It's fine to feel this, alright? And don't frustrate yourself so much about this. You have to give yourself some rest."

(Y/N) dazed up to Harry, eyes showing distress.

"Can I?" she asked.

"Can you what?" Harry stuttered.

"Can I rest on you?"

Harry's eyes widened at the realization.

"Oh... yeah, it's fine." he replied, removing his hand from her knees and, instead, placing them on her shoulder. "I'll wake you up at lunch, hm?"

"Thank you, Harry." (Y/N) weakly breathed.

The Gryffindor boy didn't reply and merely led her head on his shoulder, his arm still resting on her. (Y/N) moved her head to find a comfortable place and wrapped her arms around her bag.

Harry blushed when (Y/N) stopped in a particular position where her cheeks were on his neck and her nose was practically tickling his Adam's apple. His heart rate quickened, hearing her soft breathing and feeling the air hitting him.

Swallowing nervously, he slowly shifted and held the girl in a better position, leaning his head toward hers after a few minutes of thinking.

He wondered how his parents and hers would react if they knew that they were in that kind of position. They would be ecstatic, for sure, but Harry thought that it would be invalid, noting what had happened in the past few months.

Maybe they would be fine with it. Their parents were the biggest supporters of their relationship before shit had happened and they still supported them as they continued to grow distantly.