• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 : 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔅𝔲𝔯𝔯𝔬𝔴 •

• Chapter Eighteen : The Burrow •

[••• ––– •••]

The first thing you can see in the Burrow for the Christmas holiday on the year of 1996 was Fred and George running away from Ginny, who had her ginger hair on a bright pink color, Ron sniggering while leaning on the doorway, watching as the scene unfold, Hermione observing something on the couch in front of the fireplace, hiding it discreetly, (Y/N) writing for her parents, eyes on both the parchment and her watch and Harry staring at his girlfriend's figure, thinking about when will she ever turn her attention to him.

"Bring it back, you idiots!" Ginny yelled around the yard.

"What's Ginny's yelling about?" asked Bill as he stepped down the stairs with Charlie and Percy behind him, both were yawning.

"Fred and George, the usual." said Ron, laughing at how Ginny tackled George by the scruff of his shirt. "They've turned her hair pink."

"Really?" said Charlie, looking highly interested. "Where?"

Percy, whom Charlie was conversing a moments ago, shook his head and sat down on the chair beside (Y/N) and began a conversation with the said Ravenclaw girl instead. Charlie and Bill followed Ron through the door and went to cheer for the ongoing fight outside.

Hermione, completely knowing that she couldn't concentrate on doing what she was supposed to be doing, stood up and went to Ginny's room (in where she and (Y/N) had taken refuge for the mean time) to fix their trunks and all. Harry, on the other hand, frowned and went to the kitchen to help Mrs. Weasley instead, especially now that (Y/N) was preoccupied with Percy's pep talks.

"Harry, dear!" Mrs. Weasley said, smiling, her wand was on her chest height while pointing at the self-moving pan. "What do you need? Water?"

"Uh — no, Mrs. Weasley." Harry said hurriedly, shaking his head. "I'm here to help you... if there's anything I could do."

"Oh, dear." Mrs. Weasley replied, slowly putting her wand beside the sink. "I don't really think I can let you do that."

Harry slightly raised his eyebrows and grinned.

"Sorry, Mrs. Weasley." he said. "I was just bored and... I thought I'd help you."

Mrs. Weasley's lips twitched into a soft smile while picking up her wand again.

"(Y/N)'s busy?" she asked, pulling up the pan and placed the scrambled egg on a plate.

"Er —" He hesitated a bit, but then he thought that the woman already knew behind his sudden appearance on the kitchen. "She's writing to her parents and then Percy began trading words with her, so... I had nobody to talk to."

Mrs. Weasley placed the pan with her wand on the sink, letting it clean itself and began pouring a batter on a cupcake molder.

"I can ask a question, right, Harry?" she asked out of a sudden, pulling Harry's bitter thoughts back to the ground.

"Yeah, anything."

There was a comfortable pause in where Mrs. Weasley pushed the cupcake molder on the magical oven and set it on time. Then she turned around for the steak and said;

"Have you ever thought of... marrying someone?"

"Eh?" Harry mumbled, blinking in astonishment.

"Harry, when I was your age, I've already thought of marrying someone." said Mrs. Weasley conversationally. "Not on a particular person but I had dreamt of wearing a wedding dress while vowing to love a real person... I'm asking if you had done the same."