• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢 : 𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢-𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢-𝔗𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔨 •

TW: Obscene choice of words. Swearing.

• Chapter Three : Five-Five-Three Park •

[••• ––– •••]

It should have taken weeks and months to move on from the sudden break-up. They shouldn't be supposed to meet yet. But, no. Fate was playing around when four days after (Y/N) and Harry's meet-up and mutual break-up, they had to see each other again for Hermione's invitation.

(Y/N) stood with a bag on her shoulder, her phone was on her ear, waiting for Hermione to pick up the call. When Hermione finally answered, she said;

"Hey, Hermy. I might come late. I have to wait for my mother to finish the cookies she was baking."

"No, it's okay, (Y/N)." Hermione answered from the other side. "I'm sure they can wait."

"Oh, so, they arrived already?"

"Yes, only minutes ago."

"Okay. I'll see you in an hour, Hermy."

"See you, (N/N) (nickname)!"

(Y/N) pulled her phone down and tapped the red button on the screen.

"What did Hermione say, dear?" (M/N) asked.

"It'll be fine, mum." (Y/N) replied. "Take your time."

(M/N) sighed and sat down beside her daughter on the couch.

"You'll be fine, (Y/N)." she said, although (Y/N) heard the reluctance in her voice. "Harry knew what he was doing."

"I understand, mum." (Y/N) said warily. She had been through the same phrase over and over again. "I completely understand. Did he need time for himself? I'm giving it to him. I'm not even trying to be repulsive, mum. I'm only thinking of his own judgment."

Her mother sighed and nodded grimly.

"Now, now, I just don't want you to overthink. He loves you."

"I know." (Y/N) muttered and leaned back. "He told me countless times back there at their house. He promised, alright, but I'm not going to buy it anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, he promised, but I won't hold onto it like what I did before." (Y/N) fisted a bit of her hair. "I don't want to fall down into a trap again."

"But, (Y/N), this is Harry we're talking about. He's not going to hurt you."

"How are you so sure about that?" (Y/N) snapped.

It took a second before she realized her tone. She cleared her throat and apologized instantly.

"Sorry, mum." she said, brushing her hair. "But I just don't want to trust any of those promises. I don't want history to repeat itself."

(M/N) reached out and patted (Y/N)'s hand.

"I respect your decision, dear." she said, smiling. "I'm always here."

"Thanks a lot, mum."

(M/N) smiled, patted her daughter's hand again, and stood up.

"Wait here. I'll pack the cookies." she said and left for the kitchen.

Only minutes later, (M/N) gave (Y/N) two packs of cookies. (Y/N) waved goodbye, placed a cap on her head, and walked out of their house.

The sun was already set when she walked out. (Y/N) made her way out of their property and waited for a taxi outside the subdivision.