• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔒𝔫𝔢 : ℌ𝔢𝔯 𝔅𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔥𝔡𝔞𝔶 •

• Chapter One : Her birthday •

[••• ––– •••]

"Here comes the birthday lass!"

(Y/N) Cynthia Heather had a sudden thought of entering the wrong room as she flung open the dining room's oak door. The usual sight of blue and bronze hangings and plain blue table clothing had been long gone and was soon changed by a light shade of purple and black.

"Happy birthday, (Y/N)!" yelled the four people inside the dining room.

She looked around, blinking over the decoration. The table had been charmed to make it longer and the table clothing was on its lightest shade of purple. On the table was a festive set of food. At the end of the table was a stack of wrapped gifts. And around the table was her family and her two friends, who had been invited prior the special day.

Soon realizing what was happening, (Y/N) let out a chuckle of relief.

"Oh right. It's my 15th birthday." she whispered to herself before grinning widely to her parents. "Thank you, mum and dad. I was really surprised. No kidding."

"Oh well." said Mrs. Heather with a chuckle. "We expected you to forget your own birthday."

(Y/N)'s two closest friends laughed and agreed on the same time. (Y/N) grinned the moment she set eyes on them.

"Cho! Luna!" she shrieked.

"(Y/N)!" yelled the two, and without any hesitation, they streaked pass the table to hug the birthday girl.

"We missed you. Do you know that?" said Cho cheerfully after the tight hug.

"No." said (Y/N). "We just wrote each other last night."

Cho rolled her eyes.

"Silly." she said. "I mean — we never saw each other since last June? It's been nearly two months."

"Yeah, but we'll be seeing each other again everyday once the next term starts." said Luna, smiling at the both of them.

"Oh well." said (Y/N). "That'll be for about another two weeks."

"We're jealous." said a drawling voice from behind (Y/N).

She wheeled around and saw her other friends.

"Shut up, Draco." said Pansy, before she flung her arms around (Y/N). "Happy birthday! Sorry we're a bit late."

"Thank you." said (Y/N), handing in Pansy's, Draco's and Blaise's gift.

"Are we the only people who got late?" asked Blaise, looking around the dining room.

"You're lucky." said Cho. "The only Hufflepuff and the six Gryffindors aren't here yet."

"(Y/N), dear!" called Mrs. Heather. "Bring your friends here and let's sit down to wait for the others."

"Yes, mum! We're coming." said (Y/N), then looked at her friends. "Well, we better sit down."

Grinning widely, she took the lead on the long table and sat down on one chair. Cho and Luna sat down on the each side of her while Draco, Pansy and Blaise sat down in front of them.

Thankfully, (Y/N)'s parents only had invited her friends to come over and no one else.

As Mr. and Mrs. Heather started a conversation with (Y/N)'s Slytherin friends, (Y/N), herself, took a silent conversation with Cho and Luna about some random things they usually talk about when they were in Hogwarts castle.