• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔳𝔢 : 𝔊𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔫-𝔢𝔶𝔢𝔡 𝔐𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯 •

• Chapter Twelve : Green-eyed Monster •

[••• ––– •••]

"Why are you slouching?" Luna asked worriedly as (Y/N) sat down on the Ravenclaw table on the first day of December.

"Monthly problem." said (Y/N) shortly, tightening her scarf around her neck as the chilly atmosphere entered the Great Hall.

"Oh." mumbled Luna. "Here... have this, then." she added, pushing a plate full of strawberries in front of her, then grabbed the container full of sugar from one Ravenclaw sixth year's hand, and gave it to the Heather girl.

(Y/N) grinned slyly. Her friends knew exactly what would cheer her up whenever she needed to.

"Thank you so much, Luna." she said, sounding really grateful.

"Always." said the Lovegood girl. "Anyway, Harry's here..."

"What?"

"Good morning." said a cool voice of Harry.

The Ravenclaw girl looked up with a raised eyebrow to Harry, who sat down to an empty seat next to her.

"That's Cho's seat." said (Y/N) sharply.

The Gryffindor boy looked confused at the sudden sharp tone he was receiving.

"I — I know, but she's not yet here, is she?" he said skeptically.

"No." said (Y/N), still in a sharp tone. "What are you doing here?"

Harry looked taken aback. He wasn't expecting this snarky retorts especially in the early morning. He started feeling worried. Did he do something that she didn't like in the past days? Didn't she like that Harry had once again stolen his Gryffindor scarf from her bag to spray his latest bought cologne because he noticed that the smell had started to fade?

"Er —"

"(Y/N), you don't have to snap around like that." said Luna calmly while reaching the marmalade for her toast.

"Right." said (Y/N), looking apologetic. "I'm sorry."

The Gryffindor boy gaped at (Y/N), who didn't even try to look at him and merely continued devouring her favorite strawberries. He resorted to Luna. He stared at Luna inquiringly, who, to Harry's relief, obliged.

"Monthly problem." she mouthed, careful not to let (Y/N) hear it. And when Harry remained confused, she added; "Monthly period... Menstruation."

"Oh." said Harry, slightly blushing. "Okay, I get it."

He looked down at the Ravenclaw girl again, who was now scowling at the noisy fourth year boys near her. He couldn't help but to grin slightly. She, in Harry's opinion, looked cute when she was angry or annoyed.

"Hey." he called softly, scooting closer to her. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm in Spain with S." (Y/N) said coldly, whether she was joking or not, Harry didn't know.

"She has an odd sort of humor when she's on her period." commented Luna dreamily.

"Shut up, Luna." said (Y/N), sharply glaring at the younger girl.

Harry chuckled in a low tone, cautious not to let the moody girl beside her hear it, but, unfortunately for him, she did.

"What are you laughing at?" she said, scornfully.

"Nothing." said Harry hastily, shaking his head vigorously. "Nothing — I'll just... I'll be back." he added, and stood up immediately, not noticing (Y/N)'s baffled face.