• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔒𝔫𝔢 : 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔢𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔨𝔰 •

• Chapter Twenty One : Fireworks •

[••• ––– •••]

"Harry! (Y/N)! Come down now!"

"Later, mum!"

"In a minute, Lily!"

"What the hell are they doing in there?" Lily whispered to (M/N) as they walked back down the stairs for the third time that afternoon.

"I don't know." sighed (M/N), looking up to where Harry's room was located. "Maybe... they're enjoying themselves in playing games? Remember that Harry sneaked out your Muggle games in his room last Christmas night."

Lily tutted and shook her head.

Nothing like that could happen in a day without Lily and (M/N) asking Harry and (Y/N) to go down despite knowing how hard it was for the two teenagers to follow after.

"I only hope that they're not into something..." whispered Lily.

"Something like what?" (M/N) asked.

"Something like what Sirius expects them to do!"

(M/N) laughed, shaking her head.

"They wouldn't do that. They're too young."

"How sure are you?"

"Uh..." (M/N) mumbled testily. "Fifty percent — ?"

Lily was flabbergasted.

"Fifty —"

Meanwhile, inside Harry's room, the two teenagers were huddled on Harry's bed, a Scrabble board in between them.

"No, that's not a word!" (Y/N) complained, both hands clamped on the bedsheet.

"It is a word!" Harry firmly said, his expression wild. "You'll find it in a Spanish dictionary."

"This is an English Scrabble game, Harry. Why on earth would you put a Spanish word in here?"

"I thought it was allowed since it's still a word."

"No, it's not!"

"Come on, (Y/N). How am I supposed to finish this game?" said Harry, his lower lip pushed out to form a small pout. "This is a game for smart people. I am not smart."

(Y/N)'s eyes squinted on him, her lips pursed.

"Never mind, then." she sighed, seeing as Harry was tired of all the games. "Let's pack this up. I'm sort of hungry."

"Yeah, actually, me too." Harry added, slightly chuckling before he stood up and began packing the board game.

As the two cleaned up the room, (Y/N)'s eyes wandered over to Harry, who was on the floor — shoving the board games under his bed. She wondered how she managed to sleep at night with him beside her every time.

Well, to keep it simple. It was hard... at first.

(Y/N) remembered when she and Harry fought over whether Harry should take the floor or just sleep in the living room for the rest of the holidays. She thought he was fine with the one-bed situation, but it turns out that he was still doubting it. He kept on asking if she was okay with the sleeping status.

In the end, Harry was forced — literally — to sleep on the bed beside (Y/N).

It was awkward for the first one to two hours. (Y/N) couldn't get a better position to sleep for at least an hour. Not until Harry decided to actually cuddle her after a lot of contemplating on his side did (Y/N) fall asleep.