• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 : 𝔄𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔶𝔢𝔰 •

• Chapter Fifteen : Angeleyes •

[••• ––– •••]

Draco hated being away from his best friend. He loathed the idea of letting (Y/N) alone anywhere. He felt like he was being an irresponsible best friend and brother again.

So the moment he realized that (Y/N) wasn't with them, he sought to find her around Hogsmeade, afraid that she was somewhere with Harry again.

It wasn't like he doesn't like Harry. No, he still thinks that Harry was the best thing (Y/N) had in her life. But Draco also thought that Harry was the most painful thing (Y/N) had in her life. Ironic it was, but that was what Draco noticed. And all he wanted to do was to protect her, protect the only person who first accepted him despite the dark aura around his surname.

He found her, however, in a state that he never thought he will ever see again.

(Y/N) was huddled close to a tree back in the Black Lake. She was slightly shivering with the amount of snow underneath her and the fact that she wasn't wearing anything to warm her up. She had no one with her and only had a bag of Honeydukes sweets beside her. Her knee was close to her chest as her arms were wrapped around it while staring at the glistening cold water.

Draco, for the first time in his life, hesitated to approach his best friend. He had never felt this kind of fear in his gut before. Why would he get scared of his own best friend?

Yet, in the back of Draco's mind, he knew the reason why.

His best friend changed. She changed into someone Draco didn't think she will become. She became secretive, easily annoyed, mean, and unbothered. Before, she knows how and when to break rules. Now, she just ignored the rules and even brought a phone inside Hogwarts even though it was strictly not allowed.

Draco also noticed how distant she was from them. He barely sees her roaming around the castle with her other friends. Now, he could only see her if one asked her to.

She became the girl Draco was trying to avoid having... and he abysmally failed to keep that responsibility.

As he walked closer to the girl, a tune came into his hearing range. He realized that (Y/N) was playing some songs on her phone.

A breakup pass through the other side of the monitor

He got even closer, his footsteps following the tune of the music, causing the girl to flinch slightly.

Draco felt his heart breaking inside his chest. Did he make her do that?

(Y/N) looked up to him, her eyes, he noticed, were red, and some of her eyeliner was smudged.

Draco stared at her.

She easily got unconscious and pulled something from her pocket: a pack of wipes. She started wiping the rest of her makeup while the Slytherin boy reluctantly sat down beside her.

The movie begins in the scene where you and I ended

"W-what are you doing h-here?" (Y/N) asked, and some of Draco's shattered heart fell down when he heard the crack of her voice.

"I noticed you were gone." Draco replied simply.

"You shouldn't have followed." (Y/N) muttered, throwing the used wipes and pulling on another.

"Why shouldn't I?" the blonde-haired boy questioned.

"Why should you?" she questioned back.

Draco clicked his tongue. Her comeback was uncalled for.