• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 : ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔶'𝔰 𝔖𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔰 •

• Chapter Nineteen : Harry's Sentiments •

[••• ––– •••]

Being Harry Potter had its benefits and also its afflictions. First things first was being so famous meant that wherever he would go, different eyes would follow him. Every time he would do something, it was expected that it would reach the Ministry's ears and any time soon, his name would be printed into the Daily Prophet once again. Either good or bad, the Ministry would write everything as long as it includes him. Whether he did something good, his name would be in the Prophet. When he did something bad, he was in every magazine in the wizarding world.

That was one of the afflictions. But as such, there was a lot that couldn't been mentioned.

On the bright side, being Harry Potter meant a huge respect in terms of his schooling and in his future. Unbeknownst to the whole wizarding world, Harry's name had already been in the list of upcoming Aurors in the Ministry. So, as long as he graduates in Hogwarts, he'll be on Auror training afterwards.

Being Harry Potter also meant gaining a few (a lot) girls fawning over him wherever he was. Whether he was in the Diagon Alley, in the Hogsmeade, in the Muggle World, and, of course, in the Hogwarts castle itself, Harry would always see girls giggling around him and was trying to get his attention in all cases.

The fact was that he was born as the 'awkward boy' as he had always been awkward around girls. A trait that he didn't get from his father, James, who was cocky and conceited around girls. Harry always find interacting with girls too uncomfortable. Well, not until he met Hermione Granger, a Muggle-born witch that he met in his first year of Hogwarts. He didn't know but he didn't feel too awkward around her since they became friends.

Since first year, Hermione had been trying to get Harry to talk to other girls on their year. However, he was too shy to do so. The bushy haired girl came into the day after weeks of giving up that mission. Hermione had, of course, gained friends despite being a Muggle-born. This friends include Pansy, Cho and (Y/N). Hermione grew closer to the girls and Harry grew closer to his own group of friends, which includes Ron, Draco and Blaise.

Until one day, Harry coped up with his awkwardness around girls when Hermione came into him, introducing her friends. That's when he met (Y/N), a pretty and smart Ravenclaw, who gave Harry the confidence to talk around girls.

Harry started hanging out with girls more often than the usual. Lily and James had been really ecstatic when he told them on the Christmas day of the year 1991 that he had gained girl friends in a matter of few months.

But the thing was that, he still barely talked to any other girls that wasn't his friends. He would still find them awkward especially when they started asking him to hang out with them. The reason behind this declines was that he didn't want to hang out to other girls, but was so persistent to hang out to a particular girl in his group of friends.

However, this particular girl barely hang out with him because she belonged to a different House. He could only see her in the corridors, the Great Hall, and to some of their classes. He could barely talk to her, and when he does, he couldn't even string two words without being embarrassed after.

For the few years that had passed, Harry kept on talking about this girl. The same Ravenclaw girl who had gave him the courage to hang around to girls even more. (Y/N) Cynthia Heather.

Fourth year came and Harry had the sudden courage of talking to her. Unfortunately, it wasn't the best idea ever. He had tried asking her to be his date in the Yule Ball. But (Y/N) had already agreed to go with Draco. That made things more awkward in between them. Harry, however, still managed to find ways to talk to her.