Part - 44

"Suyash." 

Suyash was lying in his bed with his arm resting over his eyes, he moved his hand and opened his eyes when he heard Narayani's voice. He was surprised by Narayani and Parvati's unexpected visit. 

"Mom…"

He tried to get up from his bed but Narayani walked into the room and made him lie down back in bed. 

"You should lie down," Narayani said and sat on the edge of the bed across Suyash. Parvati stood beside her mother near the bed and lowered her eyes glistening with tears when his gaze darted towards her.

Is that tears in her eyes? 

Suyash wondered, brushed his thoughts off at the moment, and shifted his gaze from Parvati back to Narayani who was sick with worry for him. "I'm fine, mom, please stop worrying about me," he said in an assuring tone.

"How can we not worry about you, Suyash, you are part of our family," Narayani said, and looked up at her daughter, "Isn't he, Parvati?"

Parvati's eyes moved from Suyash to her mother and back to Suyash. She  didn't want to expose her true feelings to him, her ego was stopping her from expressing her love, and she avoided answering her mother. 

"How are you feeling now?"

His heart sank, he would've been happier if she had agreed with her mother that he is their family. He preferred to console his heart by the fact that his sweetheart had at least visited him and he was happy just by seeing her in front of his eyes. "I am feeling a lot better now you are here."

His reply brought a little smile to Parvati's face. Even in this condition he was flirting with her! Unbelievable!

Narayani couldn't stop smiling looking at her children. She missed seeing them like this—happy and cute in love.

"How did the accident happen?"

Narayani's voice pulled Parvati and Suyash out of their sweet eye lock moment.

Suyash narrated about the accident to her, and they chatted for some more time. Though Parvati wasn't talking much to him he was really happy just seeing her. Whenever he moved his eyes towards her she would lower her gaze, and look back at him affectionately and longingly when he was busy talking to her mother. 

He clearly felt sad when the time came for Parvati and Narayani to leave. He desired to spend some more time with them, especially with Parvati, but he didn't stop them. He didn't want to force his wife for anything. 

Parvati and her mother were walking in the lawn area to their car. 

"I feel bad for Suyash. How will he take care of himself in this condition? Someone whom he can call his family should be with him to take care of him and make sure he has everything he needs. It will give him a feeling of being loved and help him heal quickly," Narayani said. 

Parvati thought about her mother's words and her heart became sadder. There were numerous servants in this magnificent mansion but there was no one except her and her mother whom Suyash could call his family to take care of him.

"Sweetheart, I will stay here to take care of him, you can go back home," Narayani said.

"No, mother, I will stay here. You should go home and take some rest," Parvati said, her heart yearning to stay with Suyash to take care of him. 

Narayani smiled at her. She knew that her lovely daughter would definitely agree to stay here to take care of Suyash. "Thank you, dear. In this condition Suyash needs you, stay with him and take good care of him."