Part - 6

During dinner Narayani asked Suyash about his bruised face and he gave the same reply to her as he said to Parvati. Narayani noticed ParYash were not eating much and she served some rice to Parvati. "Why are you not eating?"

Parvati's eyes widened looking at her plate. 

"Suyash, you too…" Narayani served him more food.

ParYash looked at each other feeling helplessly. They had food just a little while ago and their stomachs were full.

"You both are young people and should eat more. You will spoil your health with unnecessary dieting and bodybuilding," Narayani said. 

ParYash sighed and kept quiet. They had to force themselves to finish their meal. After dinner Narayani retired to her room and Parvati complained. "I can't, Mr.Mehra, I'm so full I feel like throwing up."

Suyash smiled. "Let's go for a walk, we will feel better."

Parvati agreed. ParYash went on a walk in their front garden. Starry night, cool gentle breeze and aromatic scent of flowers made them feel better. Parvati looked at him lovingly. She moved closer to him and slid her hand in his hand. Suyash looked at her and smiled and intertwined his fingers with hers.

They were walking hand in hand in the garden area and didn't talk much, simply enjoyed each other's company in blissful silence.

After the walk ParYash were back to their room, Suyash was in bed after getting into his night clothes and Parvati was changing her dress. She wore her inner silk gown which was sleeveless and reached till her thighs and when she was about to wear her full length upper gown he interrupted her, "don't wear that. In fact you should wear nothing when we are alone in the bedroom."

Parvati smiled and she came to bed wearing just an inner gown and slipped into the duvet. He switched on TV to watch business news as usual. She laid beside him and said,"don't you think we are getting too clingy with each other?"

"Maybe…I like our relationship like that; clingy, hot and steamy," Suyash said.

Parvati felt happy and snuggled into his arms.

"And I know who's the clingiest one in our relationship," he teased her.

She raised her head and glared at him. Didn't he just say he likes to be close to her and now calling her clingy? He pretended to be watching TV to avoid facing her glaring. "You are blocking my view, let me watch some news."

"Fine!" She said and kept her head on her pillow. He suppressed his smile. "I will wear my gown." She said, trying to reach for her upper gown which she hung on the headboard, but he was quick, he grabbed it and threw it away. "No, you will not!"

"Mr.Mehra!" She exclaimed when he pulled her in his arms and laid down in bed hugging her. She faked resistance, but he held her tight to him which made her smile against his chest. This was way better than sleeping on a pillow, she felt and snuggled more into his arms which brought a smile on his lips.

Minutes later he heard soft snoring, he smiled looking at sleeping Parvati. He thought of moving her to her side of bed but didn't. It felt nice laying in bed holding her in his arms.

In the middle of night Parvati woke up. Suyash was in deep slumber. He fell asleep while watching TV. His face was buried in her nape and his one hand held her tightly around her waist.
She turned to him and freed herself from his grip without disturbing his sleep and switched off the TV with a remote. She kept the remote aside on the bedside table and smiled looking at Suyash sleeping. Her glance fell on his cheek which had a patch of redness. She worried and hoped nothing serious had happened. She pecked a kiss on his bruise and slept cuddling him.

Next day Parvati was in her cabin, discussing work with her employees and Pallavi entered the cabin. Parvati smiled at her friend. "Finally you remembered me," Parvati said to Pallavi and gestured to her employees to leave. As employees left Pallavi's eyes fell on Parvati's mobile on the table, her anger flared noticing Suyash's photo. She pushed it away and other things from the table angrily.

Parvati gasped and got up from her chair. "What's wrong with you?!"

"Bitch…"

Parvati cut her off. "Mind your language, Pallavi! I'm your friend, that doesn't mean you can…"

"Friend?!" Pallavi laughed sarcastically. "An enemy is better than a friend like you."

Parvati stared at her in confusion. Why is she behaving like that?

"You knew I loved Suyash Mehra. You knew damn well!" 

Parvati felt a sting of guilt in her heart as Pallavi screamed at her.

"I loved him despite that I let you marry him because I wanted to save your business. I wanted to help you and wow! Look how you have repaid me!"

Parvati lowered her eyes. 

"I saw the news! I saw more than so called friendship between you two!" Pallavi said angrily. 

Parvati cursed that news telecast under her breath.

"I called you that night but I guess you were busy sleeping with the man whom your childhood friend loves," Pallavi said. 

Parvati drowned more in guilt. She knew Pallavi loved Suyash. Pallavi would have helped her if she had hundreds of crores that a big company as hers would need, but Pallavi was just a well known fashion designer who cannot afford lending such huge amounts of money.

Pallavi, who loved Suyash, agreed to help Parvati by letting her marry Suyash as Parvati assured her that ParYash would file for divorce after the purpose of the marriage but things didn't go as planned, Parvati couldn't resist sleeping with him when he seduced her. 

"Pallavi, trust me it's not what you are thinking," Parvati urged.

"No use of lying." Pallavi rolled her eyes.

"I'm not lying. There is nothing going on between me and Mr.Mehra, in fact we are soon going to file for divorce as planned," Parvati said, holding back her tears. "Please…trust me."

Pallavi calmed down. "Are you telling the truth?"

"Ofcourse, you are not just my childhood friend, you are like a sister to me, why would I do such a horrible act of stealing your love?" Parvati said.

Pallavi felt guilty for her behaviour. Both have been friends as long as they remember and how can she doubt her best friend's intentions and behave so rashly? "I'm sorry, I'm so stupid, how can I doubt my friend? I'm sorry," she apologized and hugged Parvati affectionately. Then she pulled back from the hug and smiled. "I should be going, I didn't even meet mom and dad after coming back to Mumbai, I came straight here to talk to you."

Parvati interrupted her teasingly, "to confront me."

"Sorry…" Pallavi showed a guilty smile.

"It's okay, I was just kidding…" Parvati said affectionately.

"Bye! Will have dinner together soon," Pallavi said.

"Sure!" Parvati forced a smile on her lips. The moment Pallavi left the cabin Parvati fell on her chair and broke into tears.