Part - 27

Pallavi stood backstage peeking through the curtain. There were a few celebrities, fashion journalists from the big media houses and of course wealthy guests who had quite a good sense and interest in fashion. 

Pallavi and her team were thrilled and had passionately worked hard to this very moment. 

"Pallavi." 

Pallavi turned around hearing Vishal's voice who stood in front of her with a bouquet of white lilies in his hands. 

"Vishal, you made it on time!" Her lips curved at the sight of him.

"I had to," he said, giving her lilies. "This is for you. All the best for your show."

"Thanks!" Pallavi gleamed with joy, forgetting her nervousness for a brief moment. "White lilies are my favourite!"

"I know." He smiled at her.

"How do you know?" Her brows twisted in confusion.

"I got to know through Kavya," Vishal said.

"Ah! I see…" Pallavi said, "thanks for the flowers."

"So finally the day is here. Are you nervous?" He asked. 

"Yeah! A bit," she smiled sweetly at him.

"I'm sure it will be a fabulous show," he said, encouraging her.

She nodded, giving him an appreciative look and left saying that she will talk to him later as her display of designs was next. 

Suyash was standing beside Sanjay when Pallavi approached him.

"Suyash, it's time. Are you ready?" She asked.

Suyash nodded his head with confidence. 

Meanwhile, in Pune, Parvati was at the construction site of her stalled project with her team of engineers and other experts. 

She examined the site thoroughly and was glad their abandoned building wasn't ruined, a few months' abandonment wouldn't cause much harm, and fit to continue work according to her team.

She was taking a walk around the building alone and her memory took her back to the time when she wasn't a friend of Suyash and they went for a site inspection at the beginning of their hospital project. 

Parvati was walking alongside Suyash when felt her legs losing balance due to the uneven construction ground. Suyash immediately grasped her upper arm, saving her from falling to the ground. 

She steadied herself on her feet and looked up at Suyash with admiration. 

"Are you okay?" He asked her. She sensed a tint of concern in his voice.

He isn't as bad as I used to think, she said to herself in her mind, and spoke to him, "thanks, Mr.Meh…"

He interrupted her. "You are blessed with two big and beautiful eyes, make some use of them."

Her smile turned into a frown as he walked away. 

She chuckled to herself, recollecting that memory. She never thought at that time that they would be happily married and so in love with each other one day. 

Her smile faded as her heart felt sad for not being able to see Suyash walk on the ramp. Her thoughts were interrupted by Sanjay's call. 

Why is he video calling? She wondered and picked up the call, anyway. 

"Hi Parvati, are you free at the moment?" He asked.

"Yes," Parvati replied and she noticed he was in the fashion show.