Part - 45

Suyash laid himself down on the bed and stretched his arm asking her to lay her head on it. 

"Your body is sore after the accident. If I sleep like that you'll feel more pain," Parvati who was sitting beside him in bed said. 

He gently scooped her in his arms and said, "if you don't sleep like this I'll feel more pain."

She smiled at his words, and rested her head on his shoulder, and his hands went around her. They sighed in contentment, and fell asleep in each other's arms with a smile on their lips. 

Parvati was in the kitchen and snapped out of her thoughts when the cook who was assisting her in preparing the breakfast asked her to check the dish. 

She suppressed her smile, recollecting her last night moments with Suyash. Indeed it felt like being home in each other's arms, and after days they had a peaceful and comfortable sleep.

She tasted the food, and it was perfect as per Suyash's liking. She went upstairs to her room to wake up Suyash. She was surprised to see him already awake and dressed up. He was standing in front of the mirror tying his tie, and he had replaced his gauze bandage with a wound dressing patch on his forehead. 

She entered the room and stood beside him with a frown on her face. "What are you doing?"

"Getting ready for work," he replied, as he turned to her. 

She took a step closer to him and started loosening his tie's knot. "You are not going anywhere. You'll stay home and rest."

He held her hand to stop her from whatever she was doing. "You will be going to work, and what will I do staying here alone? I will be bored…"

"Mr.Mehra, you met with an accident just yesterday. How can you think of working today!? You are not leaving home today, got it?" She said to him firmly. 

"Okay! You win." He sighed in defeat.

"That's like a good husband." She grinned at him.

He smiled back at her, finding her adorable.

In the afternoon Parvati was in her mother's cabin for lunch. Narayani didn't look much shocked when Pallavi's true face was revealed to her as already had the knowledge about Pallavi being the reason for the troubles in her daughter's marriage, but she did not expect Pallavi would fall so low in seeking vengeance when Parvati informed her everything. It pained her heart awfully that whom she loved and considered as her own daughter, had played such nasty tricks to ruin her daughter's life. Though she was calm outward, her heart was filled with so much rage that she had stopped considering Pallavi as part of her family and began to loathe her. 

"You should not have asked Suyash for proof, if he was in your place, I am sure he would never ask you for any proof," Narayani said. "Trusting your life partner is crucial for a happy and healthy relationship."

"I know, mother…" Parvati said. She had learnt that in a hard way. "I trust him, and I also know if Mr.Mehra was in my place he would never ask for any proof. He would stand beside me even if the whole world was against me…" Parvati said as she served food to her mother. It would fill her heart with immense joy every time she thought of Suyash's love for her. Despite what happened with him, he never complained to her nor got upset with her, and he had always tried to understand the situation from her point of view. It made her love and respect him more. "But I want proof to send Pallavi behind bars. What she did to my husband is a serious sexual crime. I will never forgive her for that, and every dirty game she played with me and Mr.Mehra."

Narayani was glad that Parvati and Suyash were back together, and her daughter had finally understood Suyash's love. She would support Parvati and Suyash in whatever decision they would make regarding Pallavi.