Part - 33

When Suyash entered the Mehra mansion, he felt strange coming back  here after months. It felt empty. It felt lifeless. Only his parents' memories made this house bearable for him to stay here before he met Parvati. She walked into his life bringing back happiness with her after his parents' death and the terrible heartbreak he suffered by his first marriage. 

His shoulders hung down, his body felt exhausted and his heart ached more as he thought of Parvati. The memory of her pretty and shy face when she stepped into his mansion as his newlywed bride refreshed in his mind. Sweet memories of initial awkward days of their marriage spent here before moving to Narayani's mansion, and those heartwarming and most beautiful moments he and Parvati spent in that mansion played in his mind one by one worsening his heartache.   

He slumped on the sofa and his head fell back. He closed his eyes remembering Parvati's happy face. He always wanted to be the reason for her happiness and now he was solely responsible for every pain in her life. He had broken her completely. As he recollected her tears stained face, and her words that she hated him played in his mind, tears leaked from the corners of his eyes. 

"Happy to see you, sir." Voice of the head butler and caretaker of the mansion made him open his eyes. 

Butler forwarded the tray, offering Suyash a glass of chilled water. 

Suyash smiled a little acknowledging his kind gesture and said,"I wish to be alone."

Butler nodded and left. Suyash got up from the sofa and strode towards the bar corner of the mansion. He settled on a bar tool and poured himself a glass of wine. He didn't drink it, instead drowned himself in thoughts. 

Though he had confidently said to Narayani that he would handle the situation he was clueless about it. How would he do that? How would he make all things right?

He felt helpless. He felt desperate. 

He wanted Parvati back in his life! He wanted Parvati and Narayani back. He wanted his family back! 

Rage burnt into his nerves as he looked at his wine glass. He wished he hadn't drank that night! 

Bloody alcohol! 

He took the bar stool and smashed it against the glass wine cabinet which held his finest collection of expensive wine.

Head butler and other servants rushed to the main hall when the loud sound of glass shattering shocked the mansion. 

Suyash looked at their horrified faces before climbing up the stairs which led him to his room. 

How did Parvati come to know about that night? He wondered. Beside Pallavi no one knew about it, and how dare she said everything to Parvati despite him requesting her not to do so?! 

On the other hand Pallavi was having a lovely dinner time with Kavya and Vishal who had invited her to celebrate the success of the fashion week show. 

"One of the tastiest food I have ever had!" Pallavi said at the dining table. 

Kavya grinned at her. "It's because my brother, the world's best cook, had prepared the dinner."

"What?!" Pallavi was pleasantly surprised at Vishal who smiled at her. 

"Cooking is brother's favourite hobby!" Kavya informed her. 

"A handsome doctor with a good cooking skills! Pretty impressive!" Pallavi said. "Vishal, whoever is gonna marry you would be pretty lucky."

Vishal's eyes shone with happiness and hope. Kavya suppressed her laughter, noticing her love sick brother.