Part - 26

"Thanks, Mom. I loved your gift," Suyash said while talking to Narayani on the phone from his cabin. 

"I'm glad to hear that, Suyash," Narayani said with a smile. "Do you want us to organize a party for you? I thought it would be better to ask you first because of your busy schedule."

Suyash would love to celebrate his birthday with Narayani, Parvati and some of his friends and colleagues, but sadly he would not be able to do so as he had to be there in Pallavi's studio after his office work. "I really wish I could spend time with my family, mom, but I have to go to rehearsals so maybe next year."

"Alright, I will talk to you later, Suyash," Narayani said and ended the call when her secretary informed that Parvati had arrived at the office. 

Parvati sat down in her chair. She was getting restless searching for excuses to avoid going to the modeling show and the after party. She held her aching head in her hands and eyes began to well up with tears as she recollected Suyash's sweet request of wanting her to be present in the show and cheer for him. 

She quickly wiped her tears when she saw her mother knock on the door. "Please come in, mother."

"I have been waiting for you for the past one hour…" Narayani said as she came and stood across the table. 

"I am sorry, mother, I was…" Parvati didn't know what to say.

Narayani felt it would be appropriate not to ask her daughter anything further, obviously she would have been spending time with Suyash. Her poor darling children were not getting enough time to spend with each other lately. "Never mind…" she interrupted Parvati, "I have come here to inform you that I am leaving for Pune tonight. Mr.Vohra has made a request to prepone the meeting so it will be held tomorrow."

Parvati was pleasantly surprised. This would be an excellent excuse to avoid going to the show. It was one of the company's construction projects which had been stalled for a few months during the bad phase of the company and Narayani had decided to continue the mall construction project with her business partner. Her mother was supposed to attend the meeting after two days, but the request of preponing the meeting by Mr.Vohra had come as a blessing for her at the right time.

"I have decided to get flight tickets earlier in the night since Suyash didn't want any party because of his rehearsals," Narayani said. She had decided to leave after the party late at night, but since Suyash's birthday celebrations wouldn't take place she had decided to leave early in the night. 

"Mother, I want to go to pune with you, this meeting is important and I really want to be there to help you in handling everything," Parvati requested.

"What about Suyash's show?" Narayani asked, surprised as her daughter was quite excited about the show. "I can handle it on my own, dear. You should be with Suyash tomorrow, after all he is doing everything for you."

Parvati knew that her mother was not saying anything wrong and her heart yearned to be with Suyash. "I am sure Mr.Mehra will understand me, mother. He's a businessman, he knows our work and I am very sure he will not be upset with me for not being present in the show. Mother, please let me come  to Pune with you."

"Okay, if you insist so much, but I still suggest you to stay here, dear," Narayani said.

"He will be fine, mother," Parvati masked her sadness with a smile.

Later in the evening, Parvati was in her room, she closed her suitcase after packing her clothes for her three days business trip and sat on the edge of her bed. She took her mobile and she looked lovingly with tears at Suyash's picture which she had kept as her lockscreen. Her heart felt heavy that she would break his heart again.