Part - 24

Suyash was driving back home and his eyes fell on the flower shop from where he daily bought a rose bunch for Parvati. 

She doesn't care about me. Why should I buy roses for her?! He drove past the flower shop. He was really upset with his wife. 

When he reached home there was nothing new, as usual the lights were off.

She must be sleeping.

He stepped into the room and he found himself right! Indeed Parvati was sleeping. 

She had not even changed into her night clothes. Was she that eager to go to bed?! 

He was annoyed but closed the door carefully without disturbing her sleep. He kept the small gift box on the table, and changed his clothes. After freshening up, he came to bed and laid beside her. 

He turned to her side to look at her. He decided to fall asleep without waking her up like every day from the past one week, but today he couldn't resist his urge. His heart yearned to talk to her. 

"Parvati…" He shook her gently."Hey, wake up."

She opened her eyes slowly and sat bolt upright in bed. "You are back!?"

She was saddened that her plans were ruined so she took the cake back to the kitchen and went to bed without bothering to change into her nightwear. 

"You are not happy seeing me home? Or are you upset that I disturbed your precious sleep?" He taunted her as he too sat up in bed. 

"Why are you saying such mean things?" She lowered her eyes and fought back her tears. His taunts pricked her heart. 

He felt terrible as she looked about to cry when her eyes met his gaze. His anger melted immediately at the sight of her almost teary eyes and he held her face in his both hands. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I am just upset because I miss us. I don't like the distance between us lately."

She looked at him with a love filled gaze. She found him sweet. He melted so easily just with the sight of the slightest tears in her eyes. She made a mental note to bring tears in her eyes whenever she wanted something from him.

But she did feel really guilty all these while. She knew it was wrong on her part to avoid him. "I am sorry…" She apologized sincerely. "I didn't do it deliberately, I was helpless…"

"I know…" Suyash interrupted her. "Our work schedule is busy, I am a businessman and being in the same field as you, I should have been more understanding towards you…" Suyash said, "let's make a rule today, from now onwards no matter how busy we are, we will take out time for each other even if it's only five minutes."

She nodded her head in agreement and leaned forward, kissing him on lips. He pulled more and the kiss turned passionate one. 

Damn! They missed this! This beautiful feeling of love and their intimacy!

Need of breath forced them to pull apart from each other and she smiled at him. "Happy birthday, Mr.Mehra."

"You remember it?" Suyash asked in a surprised tone.

She touched his cheek affectionately and said, "how can I forget the birthday of the love of my life." 

He smiled and took her hand in his hand and planted a kiss on her fingers. "Thank you."

"In fact I even baked a cake for you and wanted to surprise you at 12," she said with a smile.

His eyes gleamed with joy at her words, but that shine diminished quickly and guilt took over as the realization struck him that her plans had ruined. He felt awful for coming late and partying with Pallavi while she waited for him. But why didn't she call him and ask him to come soon?