Part - 36

Suyash was at Mallika's apartment, Mallika had insisted him to come in for a cup of coffee. He felt it would be a perfect opportunity to talk to her regarding SD hence accepted her invitation. He moved his gaze around the beautiful apartment, he liked the interior, and smiled looking at the pictures of Mallika's family hanging on the wall. There were pictures of Mallika with her parents, younger sister, her friends and there was one photo of Raj too. Suyash didn't like that so-called movie superstar, but the sight of SD's photo in the wall of memories brought a smile back on his lips. He was glad that SD held importance in Mallika's life to the extent that he made it in her collection of precious memories, and it would make his work easy to make her understand. 

Mallika brought a cup of coffee for each, and an apple pie, and she sat down on the single sofa placed to his right. 

Suyash took his coffee. "How are you feeling now?" 

"I am feeling a lot better," she replied. "Thanks for helping me, Suyash."

"Mallika, now you should stop thanking me," Suyash said with a smile. "By the way, you have a beautiful home."

"Credit goes to my younger sister Ritika for this beautiful place." Mallika grinned. "She is an interior designer. If you want to redesign your home let me know I will contact her."

"I want Ritika to design a nursery room," Suyash said.

"Nursery room?" Mallika's brows twitched in curiosity and her lips curved into a smile as realization dawned upon her. "Are you going to be a father?"

Suyash smiled with a nod. "My wife is pregnant."

"Congratulations, Suyash!" Her smile grew wider."Just inform me whenever you want to design a room for the baby. I will contact her regarding it."

"Thanks." Suyash sipped his coffee. 

"Have this! Yesterday I baked it myself," Mallika served him a piece of apple pie which she had baked for her boyfriend Raj when he informed her that he would be visiting her but unfortunately the evening was messed up by SD and she couldn't enjoy it with Raj. 

Looking at the delicious pie
brought back Suyash's memories of that night when Parvati fed him a cake which she had baked for his birthday. It was the tastiest cake he ever had. Besides the ingredients Parvati had put her feelings into it which gave it a warm taste. He felt his heart getting heavy recollecting it.

He missed Parvati awfully!

Suyash managed to maintain a smile on his face and said, tasting the pie," it's really good."

Mallika smiled at his compliment. 

Suyash's gaze fell on the memory wall and he was reminded of what he had come here for. "Beautiful pictures."

Mallika looked in the direction where Suyash's gaze was and she smiled. 

"Does your parents know about you and Raj?" Suyash asked. "SD told me about what happened yesterday."

Smile on Mallika's face slowly faded as she felt embarrassed to meet his gaze. No one knew about her and Raj except some of her friends. For her parents he was just a friend of their daughter.

"Did SD ask you to talk to me?" She asked, feeling hurt. 

"No, but I request you to listen to me, Mallika, what I am trying to say, " Suyash said, "I digged into Raj's life. Isn't he married to only heir to production house of well known film family, Mehtas?"

Mallika nodded yes.

"I don't think he is foolish to let go of his wife and the chance to inherit the production house for you. If he truly loved you he would have done that a long time ago…"