Part - 5

Suyash instructed his secretary to cancel his meetings and other works for the rest of the day. She nodded obediently and exited his cabin. He closed his laptop and got up from his chair, excited to spend time with Parvati. Just then Sanjay Doshi barged into the cabin. Suyash looked at his cousin, confused by his sudden visit and the angry look on his face.

"I saw the news last night. What is going on between you and Parvati?!" SD asked, marching towards him.

Suyash stayed silent and took his blazer which was hanging on the backrest of his office chair and wore it. Suyash understood the reason behind his cousin's anger.

"You knew I loved her yet you married her shamelessly..."

"I married her because you didn't help her!" Suyash snapped at Sanjay. "You were more concerned about your own company and money than her. I had no choice but to marry her to help her!"

Suyash was not wrong though, Sanjay could have easily helped Parvati whom he claimed to love by just giving money but he didn't want to take any risk.

"Just helping her, nothing is going on between you two etc etc…" Sanjay grabbed Suyash's collar. "Don't start all these crap again! Your lies are exposed all over India. You always wanted her!" 

Suyash felt rage building inside him but he tried to remain calm. "SD, calm down…"

Sanjay noticed love bites around Suyash's neck. "Did you sleep with her?" 

Suyash freed his collar from his grasp and casually replied. "There's no reason that I should not. She's my wife."

"Bloody…" Sanjay launched a punch on his face.

Suyash staggered a little, skin on his face burned due to the sharp blow and his anger flared up.  He held Sanjay's collar. "Be thankful that you are my brother, otherwise you won't be standing on your own two feet," Suyash said and pushed him. "Get out before you get kicked out by the security!"

Sanjay staggered back and looked at him with disgust before exiting the cabin. 

Suyash corrected his collar and smoked a cigarette. His anger cooled down. He did feel guilty for sleeping with the woman his brother loved, but was it really wrong on his part? Nah! Parvati turned down Sanjay's love long before the crisis hit her company. She was never interested in Sanjay so why should I ever feel bad for marrying and sleeping with her?

Suyash brushed off his thoughts, and suddenly smiled as he remembered Parvati chiding him regarding smoking. He discarded it on an ashtray and left from there.

"Why is it taking him so long to reach home?" She muttered, getting annoyed as she paced up and down her room waiting for him. She picked up her mobile to call Suyash but didn't as she remembered her friend Pallavi's missed calls last night. She was so lost in her moment with Suyash that she ignored her phone. She tried calling Pallavi when she saw the missed calls in the morning in her office but Pallavi was not picking up her calls. 

Yet again her friend was not picking up her calls. "What is wrong with her?!" Parvati murmured, frustrated. Anyway, it may not be important, if it was important, Pallavi would have called her again. She will talk to her when she comes back to Mumbai tomorrow.

Parvati went to the kitchen, it was lunch time and she thought of preparing lunch for herself and Suyash.

Suyash entered the mansion, no one was seen around, only Parvati was in the kitchen. He smiled and entered the kitchen stealthily.

Parvati didn't notice Suyash as she was engrossed in cooking. He came closer to her and hugged her from behind. She was taken aback by his sudden hug but remained calm when she recognized him by the scent of his cologne.