Part - 11

Suyash parked his car outside Parvati's company and sent a text message to Parvati about his arrival. She smiled reading his message and went to her mother's cabin to inform her mother about leaving early for shopping with Suyash.

"Shopping for the honeymoon?" Narayani asked with a grin.

Parvati nodded somewhat agreeing, "shopping for vacation dresses."

"This is not just any vacation, sweetheart, you are going on honeymoon with your husband," Narayani said, "honeymoon is special for couples, do something to make it memorable for you and Suyash."

"Like?" Parvati asked.

"Uff! How can anyone be this dumb in today's time?!" Narayani looked at Parvati with amusement, "my sweet daughter, make your honeymoon interesting, buy lingeries, sexy swimsuits and stuff. Make your husband happy."

Blush colored Parvati's cheek.

"No. I won't do that, mother."

"Alright…" Narayani heaved a sigh and watched her daughter leave the cabin.  She felt bad for her son-in-law who had been stuck with her boring demure daughter.

Parvati got into lift and blushed more thinking about Narayani's words. "Sometimes mother is unbelievable!"

She reached where Suyash had parked his car, opened the car door and got in. "Hurry up, Mr.Mehra, I have so much to shop! "

Her happy and enthusiastic behaviour was surprising to him. "You look in a good mood, what's the reason?" Suyash asked, "and I know our honeymoon can't be the reason."

"It is…" Parvati smiled at him. Her reply surprised Suyash and made him curious. In the morning she wasn't excited about their honeymoon, he wondered what brought a change in her mood. Parvati's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. "And the true reason for me being happy about our honeymoon is Pallavi."

"Pallavi?" His brows twitched in confusion.

"Hmm," Parvati nodded her head. "She will come with us to Maldives because of her work."

Suyash looked at her suspiciously. " What work does Pallavi have in Maldives? As far as I know her company isn't internationally known nor has any foreign branches."

"I don't know! I just know she has some work, I don't have much knowledge of the fashion industry," Parvati lied nervously, and then flashed her smile, "anyway, it's such a lovely coincidence that Pallavi has to go to Maldives because of work when we are going too!"

"Let's cancel our honeymoon!" Suyash said, upset and annoyed with the news of Pallavi accompanying them.

"We can't do that!" Parvati stared at him in horror. "Isn't you the one who said in the morning that you can't break my mother's heart by refusing her gift, what happened now, Mr.Mehra?"

Suyash thought about it. He would not break his caring mother-in-law's heart.

"Fine. Let's change our honeymoon destination, in this way Pallavi won't be able to ruin our honeymoon," Suyash suggested which worried Parvati more.

"Why will Pallavi ruin our honeymoon?! Stop saying such crap about my best friend!" Parvati faked anger, "and don't you think it's disrespectful towards my mother to change our honeymoon destination when she has already decided it?!"

The way Parvati was insistent on going only to Maldives confirmed his suspicion that she had planned all this. "Okay, I guess we have no choice left except Maldives. We will go there."

Parvati breathed a sigh of relief and Suyash started his car. ParYash had a good time shopping for their vacation dresses in the mall. Parvati's eyes fell on a sky blue bikini with a short white kaftan cover up. Cover up was backless with a string attached on the back and colorful little tassels at the hem of the fabric. It was cute and sexy at the same time. She picked it and recollected Narayani's words that she should wear something like this and make Suyash happy. Will he like it? She wondered. Not just for her husband, she wanted to wear it for herself too. She had never worn such outfits before and heart desired to try it once.